|Engineering and Shipping
||The shipbuilding industry is a field of specialization representative for the South-East Development Region, especially due to the geographic position of Constanta, Galati, Braila and Tulcea counties, as well as the existence of a tradition in shipbuilding and ship repair in the region. Subdomains: Construction and repair of ships; Shipping.
|ICT, High Tech, Nanotechnologies and Advanced Materials
||ICT - university centers offering specialization and developing research projects in the field; the Software Park in Galati employs labour force with a high degree of specialization.
High Tech - uses the latest technology.
Nanotechnologies and Advanced Materials - technological developments at nanoscale
• Efficient and energy-efficient technologies - research and development related to the structure, evolution, functioning and modeling of ecosystems, the sustainable use of biological resources, and reduction of anthropogenic impact, ecosystem restoration, ecological reconstruction;
• Equipment for the production of bio resources - the region has a great potential for innovation in renewable energy (wind energy, solar energy, water energy, geothermal energy, biomass energy).
||Smart development of textiles and clothing industry must consider a strategic reorientation by shifting the emphasis from production based on high volume and low value-added to production based on innovation and, at the same time must stimulate the development of conceptual work and design and the use of new textile materials.
|Agro-Food and Fisheries
||Innovative activities in the area of Agro-food to favour the specific pedo-climatic conditions for cultivation of maize, wheat, barley, industrial plants, sunflower, vineyard, vegetables.
In the area of Fisheries - to favour sustainable Black sea fishing activities practiced along the Romanian seaside, the inland fishing activities practiced on the Danube as well as in the Danube Delta area.
• Traditional tourism (coastal tourism, Danube Delta, mountain, etc)
• Balnear tourism
• Niche tourism (bird watching, photo safari, gourmet, oenology)
• Agro-food biotechnologies - contribute to the conservation of natural resources, the reduction of CO2 emissions, the improvement of soil quality and high productivity; can deliver products with increased quality and safety under conditions of more efficient use of resources and environmental protection;
• Environmental biotechnologies - are effective in sustainable development based on pollution reduction; higher use of biodegradable waste and by-products through biotechnological processes can increase welfare levels in the region by creating new jobs, improved living conditions;