|Agri-food and sustainable use of natural resources
||Food security, development of bio-industries.
Agriculture, livestock and continental aquaculture, food quality and food technology, bioenergy & forestry.
|Transport (in particular automotive and aeronautics)
||- Productive efficiency in the transport sectors.
- Applications of KETs such as advanced materials (incl. nanocomposites and graphene), ICT, biotechnology (bio-polymers, use of bio-fuels and bio-catalysts) and advanced manufacturing and processing.
- Sustainability, security and mobility of persons and goods (logistics)
|Health, social care, demographic change and well-being
||. Biomedical research and applications, innovative medicines, research and innovation in social care, ageing and ambient-assisted living.
- Cancer research and new therapeutic and diagnostic solutions, biomedical research, attention to long-term patients, technologies for social inclusion.
- KETs: biotechnology (cellular therapy, molecular diagnostic, pharmacology, tissue engineering), ICT (e-Health), and advanced materials (biopolymers, nanomaterials)
|Cultural and natural heritage and Spanish language
||- Heritage and language as endogenous resources for economic development and social welfare. Language technologies and applications to cultural heritage.
- Environmental sustainability, climatic change and water.
- Application of ICT and new productive processes in languages.
- Application of KETs to diagnostics, conservation and management. Advanced materials (new treatments for wood, stone, and other materials, advanced materials for the conservation of cultural heritage). Biotechnology (bio-damagers, bio-cleaning and bio-consolidation) and fossil DNA.
||cybersecurity, applications and technologies of mobility, M2M communications, big data and cloud computing technologies and Internet of the future.
|Energy and sustainability
||- Technologies for energy management, energy efficiency, renewable energies, environmental sustainability of industry and human habitat (buildings, constructions etc.). Smart cities, energy efficient buildings, factories of the future, sustainable processing industry through resource and energy efficiency.
- ICT applied to energy and sustainability (home automation, district heating and cooling, monitoring), advanced materials (biomaterials, recyclable and recycled materials, new treatments for wood and construction materials), advanced manufacturing and processing.