|ICT and Services of high value added
||Development of applications and content.
Infrastructure, networks and advanced communications systems.
- Computer systems and information processing.
- Modelling and simulation applied.
- Security software, networks and information systems.
- Electronic equipment and microelectronics.
|Sustainable environment, water, waste management.
||- Technologies for sustainable use, restoration of the natural environment and biodiversity conservation.
- Water management, water quality.
- Waste, dumping and emissions management (includes micro pollutants, emerging contaminants, reuse, disposal of waste materials, energy recovery)
|Biotechnology and agrifood.
||- Biotechnology, including plants, microorganisms, bioprocess and food industry.
- Agricultural production systems (including precision agriculture) and livestock.
|Transport (including aeronautics)
||- Navigation systems, traffic control and transport security
- Design, development and manufacture of propulsion systems and auxiliary systems of transport vehicles
||- Sources of renewable and sustainable energy
- Smart Grids
|Health - Biomedical engineering
||- Biomedical engineering, instrumentation and information technology in biomedicine. Pharmacology, medicinal chemistry and advanced therapies. Pathophysiology and interactome includes molecular and cellular communication. Clinical and Translational Research. Transfer and genetic modification. Development of new detection methods, genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and bioinformatics
|Nanociences, advanced materials, industrial technology and space.
||- Nanociences, advanced materials, Photonics.
- Development of instrumentation, microsystems and sensors.
- Industrial Technologies (includes processes with less environmental impact) and robotics.
- Space exploration technologies.