3IF - Industrial Internet In Flanders 3IF.eu - Industrial Internet in Flanders
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Coordinator (Industry association)
LSEC - Leaders In Security
Weldadigheidsstraat 14, 3000, Leuven (Belgium)
3IF.eu is the Belgian Industrial Internet, Industrial IoT and Industrie 4.0 knowledge and expert centre.
3IF.eu provides knowledge and experience sharing, use cases and advisory services for digital transformation for Manufacturing companies, mainly in Flanders. 3IF is aligned with and supports the smart specialisation strategies according to the S3 priorities in Flanders (http://s3platform.jrc.ec.europa.eu/regions/BE2/tags/BE2) of specialised manufacturing solutions, innovative work organization and smart systems.
3IF.eu supports the development of technology companies active in Industrial IoT, Analytics, Cloud services and supporting service
3IF.eu is the Industrie 4.0 innovation hub in Belgium and Flanders, connecting to SmartIndustry Netherlands, Industrie 4.0 in Germany, Industrial Internet Consortium and AIOTI.
3IF.eu operates multiple fieldlabs on Condition Based and Predictive Maintenance and Industrial Data Space.
3IF.eu is a non-profit initiative, part of the non profit organization lsec.eu, with a physical presence in Belgium - Leuven - Heverlee and Brussels. Details of our activities can be found at http://www.3If.be
3IF.eu has supported digital transformation of many organizations, including :
Reynaers Aluminium (www.reynaers.be), Citrique Belge (www.citriquebelge.be), Tenneco Belgium (www.tenneco.com).
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
3IF.eu is the leading activity in Flanders supporting digital transformation for manufacturing companies into Industrie 4.0, Industrial Internet and Industrial IoT. 3IF.eu is actively participating in the Flanders Industry 4.0 activities, that strives to become a leader in new technologies and concepts in industry 4.0 such as 3D printing, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, robotics, cybersecurity and other innovations (RIS3/S3 strategies in the region). In so doing, it can strengthen its competitiveness and maintain prosperity in a rapidly changing world. (https://www.vlaanderen.be/nl/publicaties/detail/vision-2050)
3IF.eu and 3IF.be are part of regional (Flanders) Industrie 4.0 initiative (https://www.industrie40.vlaanderen/) and the European Commission Connected Factories activities (https://www.effra.eu/connectedfactories).
3IF.eu has participated in and is developing a series of H2020 actions such as Dynamic Countering of Cyber-Attacks (ICT-01-2018), Cybersecurity competence centers (ICT-03-2018), Cybersecurity for Robotics, Computing Technologies and Engineering methods for cyber-physical systems of systems (ICT-01-2019) and Security and Resilience for collaborative manufacturing environments (ICT-08-2019).
3IF.eu is supporting local SME's and innovative companies applying for innovation funding (https://www.vlaio.be/nl/subsidies-financiering/kmo-groeisubsidie), which is financing advisory and support up to 50.000 € per project per year.
3IF.eu is interested in playing a role with manufacturing companies in upcoming H2020-ICT on digital manufacturing and adding specific cybersecurity expertise and capabilities;
Market and Services
- Other community, social and personal service activities (media, entertainment, etc.)
- Manufacture of food products, beverages and tobacco
- Manufacture of textiles and textile products
- Manufacture of leather and leather products
- Manufacture of wood and wood products
- Manufacture of pulp, paper and paper products; publishing and printing
- Manufacture of coke, refined petroleum products and nuclear fuel
- Manufacture of chemicals, chemical products and man-made fibres
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products
- Manufacture of basic metals and fabricated metal products
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Manufacture of transport equipment
- Financial intermediation
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- TRL9 - Actual system proven through successful mission operations
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Collaborative Researchs
- Concept validation and prototyping
- Testing and validation
- Pre-competitive series production
- Digital Maturity Assessment
- Voice of the customer, product consortia
- Market intelligence
- Access to Funding and Investor Readiness Services
Industrie 4.0 training & education
a) Client profile
Large international consortium with production facilities in Flanders, over 1000 FTE's in production. Product design, development and aftersale of badge printers supported through Flemish production facility.
b) Client needs
Getting a broad understanding of the possibilities of Industry 4.0 and digital transformation, that can be applied in different departments, and to understand how to implement.
3IF.be offered a 6 days training session, split into 3 parts, resulting in Industrie 4.0 driver license certification. A broad coverage of digitalisation technologies, impact on organisation, business and customers.
More details: https://www.3if.be/nl/events/157-2018-11-14-15-industrie-4-0-training-gent-cursus-2-advanced-concepts-2-dagen
Digital Transformation Guidance
a) Client Profile : building materials producers and technology provider, a leading European specialist in the development and marketing of innovative and sustainable solutions for windows, doors, curtain walls, sliding systems, sun screening and conservatories.
b) Client Needs : developing a sustainable international future together with aluminium fabricators, architects and customers, supported with technologies and respecting our workforce
c) Solution : education program industrie 4.0, platform for condition based maintenance for partners, supporting fabricators innovation activities, continuous advisory and sounding board, thought leadership
Condition Based Maintenance Support
a) Client Profile : a cost competitive, high quality and service oriented company focusing on customer needs and strongly considering ecological and environmental aspects in all its decisions. Safety and employee engagement and commitment are our basic pillars. Process Industry producing citric acid and/or associated co-products to their customers in line with their order schemes and planning.
b) Client needs : support in digital transformation towards industrie 4.0 as a company-wide program, product and services innovation. Support in optimizing cost structure by optimizing maintenance.
c) Solution : ongoing developments of strategic and technical advisory for maintenance challenges, strategic business advisory on new market and technology developments for the sector. Installation of field lab in condition based maintenance using IoT and analytics tools on site.
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- European Regional Development Fund
- National basic research funding
- National specific innovation funding
- Regional funding
- Private funding
- Partner resources
FLEMISH GOVERNMENT via VLAIO
SIRRIS - Le centre collectif de l''industrie technologique
Flanders'' FOOD, FF
International Data Space association
Research & Technology organization
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Cyber physical systems (e.g. embedded systems)
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Artificial Intelligence and cognitive systems
- Interaction technologies (e.g. human-machine Interaction, motion recognition and language technologies)
- Cyber security (including biometrics)
- Advanced or High performance computing
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Augmented and virtual reality, visualization
- Simulation and modelling
- Software as a service and service architectures
- Cloud computing
- ICT management, logistics and business systems
- Internet services (e.g. web development, web production, design, networking, and e-commerce)