You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Coordinator (Networked, cluster organization)
67 rue des Godrans 21000 Dijon, 21000, Dijon (France)
Since its beginnings in 2005, VITAGORA’s team has successfully built a network of industry professionals: around 550 members among which more than half are SMEs and 83 are international organisations. Vitagora is a cluster organisation focused on fostering growth of the food industry addressing markets in France and globally. Vitagora is a non-for-profit organization and its members work together in order to produce a tasty, healthy, and sustainable food product and service offer, driven by the strengthening demands of today’s consumers, ever more concerned by the impact of food on their wellbeing. Herein lies Vitagora’s strength – the ability to anticipate and extract actionable insights from the converging trends of taste, health and the environment – the key components of consumer wellbeing through food.
Vitagora's strategy is focused on helping its members and especially regional, national and international start-ups and SMEs in their digitalization process through every step of their development. Thanks to Vitagora's acceleration program, ToasterLab, digitalization in the agri-food sector becomes a major topic within our ecosystem: from AI and algortihms to the use of drones and robotics in fields, traceability devices, sensors and big data, the digitalization becomes always more necessary in the agrifood sector. Vitagora therefore commits to accompanying its members in their digitalization process. Many articles have been written on Vitagora's blog to sensitize its members on the digital transformation.
Since 2015, Vitagora is awarded the Gold Label of Cluster Management Excellence, the highest level of cluster performance.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
Vitagora is a DIH in the european SmartAgriHubs project as well as AgroBoFood project. Vitagora is a partner in the H2020 DIGYMATEX project, aiming at creating a digital maturity index for children. Vitagora is a partner in several H2020 projects that are currently being reviewed by the EC with topics regarding digitalization of the agrifood sector. Vitagora is a partner in the FoodPackLab2 COSME Project, linking the deeptech, packaging and agrifood sectors. When Vitagora is a partner in such projects, it is always for the benefits of its members (through vouchers, communication/dissemination activities etc).
Vitagora has supported its members in the following regional, national and european projects: FoodSafetyGuardian (EIC accelerator pilot, using IA and IoT to detect foodborne pathogens), DAMAV (Automatic detection of vine pathologies through an aerial robotic means associated with a dedicated software processing tool), MO3SAN (Improve cow health while increasing the dairy productions’ efficiency using big data and multivariate modeling), FROM'MIR (Optimize the milk ability to make cheese using the mid-IR spectrum), IMAGE (Develop sensors enabling the follow-up of biological parameters linked to cheese maturation), ID3AL (Food 3D Printing for personalized nutrition), FOODINTECH (Use of new technologies to measure food intake), COCKTAIL (Observatory of the trends in food speeches on Twitter using big data and AI), WINE CLOUD (Traceability and big data on the entire wine value chain), ...
Vitagoras activities and prioritities are closely linked with regional smart specialization strategy RIS3 (Bourgogne-Franche- Comté: health, agrifood, advanced materials and processes for secured applications, Ile-de-France: ICT) as well as with national industrial policy priorities (e.g circular economy, industry 4.0).
Market and Services
- Agriculture, hunting and forestry
- Hotels and restaurants
- Transport, storage and communication
- TRL1 - Basic principles observed and reported
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- TRL9 - Actual system proven through successful mission operations
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Collaborative Researchs
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Market intelligence
- Access to Funding and Investor Readiness Services
- Education and skills development
SME support services
The 'SME levers' are offered by Vitagora as part of its regional collective action program. They offer agrifood companies in the region individualized and tailor-made support at an advantageous cost around a strategic theme for their growth and competitiveness.
Client profile: mostly SMEs
Client needs: expert advice, training, audit, performance assessments, expert identification, service improvement...
Solution provided: tailored program lasting several days with, for example, 2-days audit of a specific service/product, 2-days of action plan definition with experts, strategic on-site visits of pilot plants, networking opportunities with other companies, follow-up through a complete report with best practices...
Vitagora organized several actions linked with digital transformation of the agri-food sector. For example, an action called 'what digital tools to chose for a first step in your digitalization process' in which several tools were presented for traceability, energy optimization, data transmission, packaging, ERP,...
Another action was organized called 'industrial performance : Optimize your internal / customers / suppliers information flow management tools' during which audits were made on information systems within the targeted agri-food SMEs, visits of technological companies equiped with the newest tools were organized etc.
ToasterLab acceleration program
ToasterLAB is an Agri-Food business acceleration program, launched by Vitagora, a leading European food business cluster.
Client profile: Start-ups and SMEs from the agri-food sector
Client needs: scientific advice, business opportunities, relevant contacts, scale-up, market access, industrialization...
Provided solutions: ToasterLAB is backed by top players from throughout the food business value chain (mentors). ToasterLAB helps promising start-ups and SMEs to scale up and industrialise their products and services and accelerate their time to market - faster, further, smarter. Services:
- 12 months of personalised acceleration support, with a daily contact with the ToasterLAB startup manager and regular assistance from your mentor. See “How it works” below for more details
- Access to a pool of more than 40 experts in all areas (finance, management, HR, law etc.). They give you the tools to get a foothold on Europeans food markets
- The full benefit of membership to Vitagora, a leading European food innovation cluster, with a network of 550 food businesses, including major food corporations
- 3000€ in vouchers to spend on your specific needs among ToaserLAB’s experts: legal assistance in drawing up contracts, IP protection, branding and marketing support, financial planning etc.
Examples of start-ups accelerated by ToasterLAB in relation with digitalization of the agri-food sector:
- KUANTOM: KUANTOM is the meeting point between modern and intuitive science, Technology, and a know-how passed down through the ages, Mixology. From this meeting, ORKESTRA is born: the very first connected solution capable of making a perfect cocktail in a few seconds.
- Aveine: Aveine has created the 1st Smart Wine Aerator in the world. Thanks to the Aveine Smart Aerator, everyone can now serve and taste any wine instantly in perfect conditions.
- R-tech: digitalization of the wine sector. R-Tech is specialized in producing innovative products for the food, wine, beer and spirits industries (sensors…). R-tech technologies include: Cleaning and disinfection solutions, winemaking monitoring technologies...
- ScanUp: With ScanUp, you can choose the right product for your health through a better diet by co-creating Clean Label products. Vote for the future characteristics of the clean label products of the engaged brands for healthy and sustainable food production. Scan a product, add it in your shopping list and get an overview of the nutritional profile of the selected food product. Get propositions of similar but healthier products...More details: https://toasterlab.vitagora.com/
Vitagora's network gathers more than 550 members : start-ups, SMEs, RTOs, universities, big companies, public laboratories... who often lack of communication between eachother, especially when it comes to digitalization of the agri-food sector. Vitagora's role is therefore to animate this network by creating relevant connections between its members.
Client profile: start-ups, SMEs, RTOs, universities, big companies, public laboratories
Client needs: business opportunities, networking opportunities, scientific expertise, project partner...
- 1 to 2 times a year: Appetite for Innovation event gathering all Vitagora network
- Vitagora café events: thematic events for example "digitalization of the wine sector: from field to consumers", "connected industry and fields", "robotics of tomorrow: what challenges for the agri-food sector?", "workshop on artificial intelligence", "smart packaging"...More details: https://www.vitagora.com/centre-de-veille/ressources/pagesommaire-agroalimentaire-numerique-publivit/
Networked organization, without formal structure
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- National basic research funding
- National specific innovation funding
- Regional funding
- Private funding
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- Start-up companies
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
- Research organisations
Research & Technology organization
Research & Technology organization
UNIVERSITE DE BOURGOGNE FRANCHE COMTE
Research & Technology organization
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Photonics, electronic and optical functional materials
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Artificial Intelligence and cognitive systems
- Location based technologies (e.g. GPS, GIS, in-house localization)