BrainsBusiness ICT North Denmark BrainsBusiness ICT North Denmark
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
AAU Innovation at Aalborg University and BusinessAalborg at the City of Aalborg
Niels Jernes Vej 10, DK-9220, Aalborg (Denmark)
(mission, scope, services provided) BrainsBusiness – ICT North Denmark is a regional industrial cluster intiative that brings together all major forces within the North Denmark ICT environment: Companies and knowledge institutions within ICT (Information and Communications Technology) as well as relevant public organisations and authorities. The long-term goal of BrainsBusiness is to contribute to the North Denmark ICT cluster being recognised as one of the most attractive and competitive ICT clusters in Europe. The mission of the cluster is to strengthen and develop the ICT environment in North Denmark through three overall activities: 1. Strengthen the competitiveness of the North Denmark ICT companies through facilitated networking across sectors, internationalisation, the facilitation of the development of Smart Society solutions, competence development within marketing and service design as well as furthering knowledge sharing by building bridges between university and industry. 2. Ensure recognition through increased visibility to the strengths of the North Denmark ICT cluster – nationally and internationally. 3. Establishing an attractive industrial environment for ICT companies in North Denmark by ensuring access to resources, knowledge and favourable framework conditions.
BrainsBusiness – ICT North Denmark er et regionalt erhvervsklyngeinitiativ, der samler alle væsentlige aktører inden for det nordjyske IKT-miljø, dvs. de nordjyske virksomheder og vidensinstitutioner inden for informations- og kommunikationsteknologi (IKT) samt relevante offentlige aktører. Det langsigtede mål for BrainsBusiness er at bidrage til, at den nordjyske IKT-klynge anerkendes som en af de mest attraktive og konkurrencedygtige IKT-klynger i Europa. Klyngens mission er at styrke og udvikle IKT-miljøet i Nordjylland gennem tre delmål: 1. Styrke konkurrencedygtigheden af de nordjyske IKT-virksomheder igennem faciliteret netværksdannelse på tværs blandt aktørerne, internationalisering, understøttelse af udvikling af Smart Society-løsninger, kompetenceudvikling inden for salg, markedsføring og servicedesign samt fremme af videndeling ved at bygge bro mellem universitet og erhvervsliv. 2. Sikre anerkendelse gennem øget kendskab til den nordjyske IKT-klynges styrkepositioner – nationalt og internationalt. 3. Skabe et attraktivt erhvervsmiljø for IKT-virksomheder i Nordjylland ved at sikre adgang til ressourcer, viden og gode rammebetingelser.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
(Digital Innovation HUB (DIH) -Denmark) The Hub plays the role of a regional ecosystem for innovation within the selected areas of CPS/IoT and its application within focused area of manufacturing industries in North Denmark Region.
The activities of the hub are well aligned with Denmark's national initiative for digitising industry, MADE - Manufacturing Academy of Denmark.
Market and Services
- Other community, social and personal service activities (media, entertainment, etc.)
- Other markets
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Collaborative Researchs
- Market intelligence
- Education and skills development
Community building and continuous awareness creation services, means that the DIH is objectively engaged within the regional ecosystem community to create consciousness about the opportunities and benefits of digitization.
Collaborative R&D services, which respond innovation activities, concerned with identifying opportunities for digitization, developing and validating innovative solutions as well as technical up-scaling skills suited the new digital technologies
DESMI A/S (solutions adopter) / PREVAS (solution provider)
-DESMI is a global company specialised in the development and manufacture of pump solutions for marine, industry, oil spill combating, defence & fuel and utility both locally and globally.
-Prevas - established in 1985 - is a technical IT company that offers solutions, services and products to customers who are developing products with high IT content or who need to streamline or automate their operations
Case Name: “The Black Box” – collecting data from the pumps.
Phase 1: Description of the Black Box functionality and business options etc.
Phase 2: Testing a mock-up of the box – alfa version
Phase 4: Analysing and evaluating the results
Phase 5: Beta version of final product
Phase 6: Implementation and full scale “production”
• Competitive advantage
• Higher customer satisfaction
• Closer relations to the clients (more insights with the data)
• Energy saving
• Stock of spare parts
• Higher profit (The box in generic and can be sold to other manufactured pumps)
Business Development and Labour 4.0 services, which help companies to apply the solutions through assessment of relevant business implications, and managing the results through mentoring and training and re-skilling workforce toward Labour 4.0 concept
Public Private Partnership
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- National specific innovation funding
- Regional funding
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
Business Region North Denmark
Networked, cluster organization
University of Aalborg
North Denmark Region
BrainsBusiness Business Network
Networked, cluster organization
City of Aalborg
Chamber of Commerce
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Photonics, electronic and optical functional materials
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Cyber physical systems (e.g. embedded systems)
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Artificial Intelligence and cognitive systems
- Location based technologies (e.g. GPS, GIS, in-house localization)
- Interaction technologies (e.g. human-machine Interaction, motion recognition and language technologies)
- Cyber security (including biometrics)
- Advanced or High performance computing
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Simulation and modelling
- Cloud computing