Smart Manufacturing Älykkään valmistuksen innovaatiokeskittymä
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Coordinator (Research & Technology organization)
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
Korkeakoulunkatu 7, FI-33720, Tampere (Finland)
The Smart manufacturing DIH serves manufacturing industries in digitalization and co-creation. The focus is on boosting renewal and innovations in Finnish machine and manufacturing sectors incl. microelectronics. Examples of activities are e.g. cutting edge research services with access to European networks; co-creation and ecosystem building for companies; testing and piloting of solutions for SME`s; small series fabrication for microelectronics. Services are offered by key partners SMACC (Smart Machines and Manufacturing Competence Centre), Micronova and DIMECC (Digital, Internet, Materials & Engineering Co-Creation). However, the ecosystem is open and new partners are joining.
Älykkään valmistuksen innovaatiokeskittymä palvelee valmistavaa teollisuutta digitalisaation hyödyntämisessä ja kehittämisessä. Kohteena on erityisesti koneteollisuus sekä valmistava teollisuus mukaan lukien mikroelektroniikan valmistus. Keskittymä tuottaa yritysten käyttöön nopeita ratkaisuja ja kokeiluja, monipuolista huippuosaamista sekä ekosysteemien ja ohjelmien aktivointia innovaatioiden synnyttämiseksi. Palveluja tarjoavat ydinpartnerit SMACC, Micronova ja DIMECC.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
Smart Manufacturing DIH provides manufacturing and machine industries access to digital technologies such as robotics, additive and laser manufacturing, microelectronics, data analytics and artificial intelligence, Industrial Internet, virtual and augmented reality.
Market and Services
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Collaborative Researchs
- Concept validation and prototyping
- Testing and validation
- Pre-competitive series production
- Commercial infrastructure
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Education and skills development
Microelectronics innovations, fabrication and consultation
Services to all parts of the micro-nano innovation chain, from basic and applied research to consultancy, prototype development, and small scale manufacturing
- Access to cleanroom facilities for companies
- Small-scale processing for silicon CMOS, MEMS, III-V optoelectronics and thin film devices; and measurements
- Cleanroom training and safety training
- Material and device characterisation
- Technological scope: silicon CMOS, MEMS, III-V optoelectronics and thin film devices; and measurements
- Reference Micronova http://www.micronova.fi/micronova_in_brief/
- Micronova companies: Advapaln, Advacam, Aivon, Ajat, Beneq, HS Foils, Okmetic, Picosun, Primasonic, Silecs
Rapid solutions for manufacturing SME
• Prototype creation, demonstrations and laboratory piloting
• Think Tank and hackathon activities for analyzing the company’s business operations, performance and needs for improvement.
• Online services to SME’s to tackle practical problems.with an expert.
• Technology development and research on e.g. additive manufacturing, robotics, mechatronics
• Reference SMACC (Smart Machines and Manufacturing Competence Centre)
• Customers: machine and manufacturing sector, especially SME’s. Success story example Vexve Oy
• Program and Project Services built and implemented openly together with companies, universities and research institutions.
• Co-creation Services e.g. building ecosystems to create competitiveness for the future, and boosting their new business creation and new market entries.
• Network Services: international networks where our customers can join to boost their innovation capacity and business growth.
• Recent references
• DIMECC’s 69 shareholders:
(part of) Public organization (part of RTO, or university)
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- European Social Fund
- National basic research funding
- Private funding
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
Materials & Engineering Co-Creation
Tampere University of Technology
- Micro and nano electronics, smart system integration
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Photonics, electronic and optical functional materials
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Interaction technologies (e.g. human-machine Interaction, motion recognition and language technologies)
- Cyber security (including biometrics)
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Augmented and virtual reality, visualization
- Simulation and modelling
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing)
- Laser based manufacturing