- Monitoring report covering the period from July to December 2019
- Monitoring report covering the period from January to June 2019
- Monitoring report covering the period from July to December 2018
The building sector is the largest energy consumer in Europe, representing 40% of the total EU consumption and 36% of CO2 emissions in the EU, according to EC statistical data. By improving the energy efficiency of buildings, the total EU energy consumption could be reduced by 5-6% and lower CO2 emissions by about 5%.
The main objective of the S3 Partnership on Sustainable Buildings is to create an alliance between European regions to boost new markets and take advantage of regional opportunities for specialisation. The partnership is led by Andalusia (ES), North Great Plain (HU) and North-Croatia (HR). Many other European regions or countries are currently participating or have shown interest in joining.
Three main reference themes for interregional collaboration have been identified:
1) Eco-construction, bioclimatism and insulation of buildings,
2) Renewable energy integration in buildings,
3) Systems of maximum energy efficiency in buildings and cities
The next steps of the partnership comprise the creation of working groups for each reference theme, the mapping of the capacities, resources available and relevant actors in the participating regions, and the establishment of synergies and interregional collaborations for the implementation of concrete pilot projects and actions.
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/Encuesta_Entidades_publicas (Password: partenariado)