Doussineau M., Saublens C., Harrap N
JRC Technical Reports HAEGEMAN, KAREL; ARREGUI PABOLLET, ESKARNE; HARRAP, NICHOLAS; HORBACZEWSKA, KAROLINA; TORRECILLAS CARO, MARIA CRISTINA; VALERO BONED, SUSANA
An analytical framework to assess the governance of universities and their involvement in Smart Specialisation Strategies
Arregui-Pabollet, Eskarne; Doussineau, Mathieu; Dettenhofer, Markus
- Smart Specialisation Platform (S3P) HomePage, and specifically:
- S3 Platform Membership Registered Countries and Regions
- Eye@RIS3 Specialisation Mapping
- Guides related to various aspects of the S3
- DG-REGIO HomePage
- DG-RTD Synergies with Structural Funds page
- H2020 National Contact Points
- NCP_WIDE.NET: transnational network of NCPs
- European Entreprise Network branches
- Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation
- MIRRIS: Mobilising Institutional Reforms in Research and Innovation Systems
- fi_compass: Advisory services on financial instruments under ESIF
- ERA-LEARN 2020: Information and services on Public-Public-Partnerships (P2Ps)
- NEREUS: Network of European Regions Using Space Technologies
- CLEAN SKY: Public Private Partnership in the aeronautics sector
- RegHealth-RI: European Regions Network for Health Research & Innovation
- Copernicus: The European Union's Earth Observation Programme
The "Stairway to excellence (S2E)" project was launched in 2014 as a European Parliament pilot project executed by DG-JRC together with DG-REGIO. It is currently implemented as part of the JRC's Smart Specialisation targeted support activities.
S2E aims to support EU Member States and their regions in:
(i) developing and exploiting the synergies between European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF), Horizon 2020 (H2020) and other EU funding programmes and
(ii) Assisting them in closing the innovation gap, in order to promote excellence in all regions and EU countries as well as
(iii) Stimulating the effective implementation of national and regional Smart Specialisation Strategies.
- Phases I and II of the S2E project were initially centred on the provision of assistance to the 13 Member States (EU13) who joined the European Union in 2004 and subsequent years.
- Phase III extended activities to EU28, with particular attention to the engagement of less developed EU28 regions, and a gradual shift in focus on the implementation aspects of synergies between different R&I funding instruments in specific thematic domains.
- Phase IV started on July 2018 for 24 months. The key objective is to support enhancement of the value of EU funding sources for research, regional development and innovation in RIS3 implementation, with a strategic focus on assuring preparedness of MS/regions for the post 2020 programming period in the area of Research and Innovation.
WEBINAR on a holistic approach to circular manufacturing (CM): Exploring collaboration between European PPP initiatives and Portuguese stakeholders23 Jun 2020
4th meeting of the Working Group 'H2020 FOR RIS3' on optimizing the use of H2020 in implementing smart specialisation07 Feb 2020
European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT)
EU Funds working together for jobs and growth: Synergies between the R&I Framework Programmes and the European Structural & Investment Funds
Directorate-General for Research and Innovation