Place-Based Innovation Ecosystems Bučar, Maja; Rissola, Gabriel.
S3 Handbooks Gabriel Rissola, Hank Kune, Paolo Martinez
S3 Platform Policy Briefs John Edwards, Elisabetta Marinelli, Eskarne Arregui-Pabollet, Louise Kempton
What are S3 Actors?
S3 actors play a crucial role in regional and national smart specialisation strategies. They specifically:
- participate in entrepreneurial discovery process,
- contribute to the development of S3 strategies and their implementation,
- provide advice on how to match regional development needs with R&I and vice versa,
- support particular technologies, industries or clusters,
- provide an adequate innovation ecosystem,
- form the quadruple helix of innovation actors,
- are involved in international networks and thus they add the needed external and outward-looking dimension to smart specialisation strategies.
12 Apr 2018
The third Peer eXchange and Learning (PXL) workshop on Multi-level Governance for RIS3, is planned for April 2018.
Peer eXchange and Learning (PXL) workshop on Entrepreneurial Discovery Process (EDP), Policy Instruments and Monitoring19 Mar 2018
08 Mar 2018View more
The S3 Platform is organising its second Peer eXchange and Learning (PXL) workshop on entrepreneurial discovery process (EDP), planned for March 2018.
01 Dec 2016
The European Commission’s Directorate General for the Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs is pleased to announce that the...
30 Sep 2016
The Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) is launching a call for proposals with a view to concluding grant agreements...
16 Jun 2016View more
On the occasion of Sustainable Energy Week 2016, the Smart Specialisation Platform on Energy (#S3PEnergy) organises the event: Smart...