||This specialisation covers manufacturing technologies, components and products (low- and zero-emission land and water vehicles), especially:
• propulsion and power sources for land and water vehicles based on hydrogen, electric or hybrid technologies, including fuel cells.
• device, sub-assemblies and components for low and zero emission land and water vehicles.
• innovative, low-emission and zero-emission means of land and water transport.
The specialization also covers elements and technologies for the production of aircraft and space vehicles.
||Horizontal specialisation covering the application of innovative technology solutions (mainly in the area of broadly understood IT and photonic, information and telecommunication technologies, as well as robotics and automation, as well as processing of large data sets analysis (big data, data mining), the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence, optimization ( e.g. compression, reduction) of data size, geoinformation, etc.) in areas not related to the activity of enterprises, i.e. not related to production activities or B2B services. The specialization covers such fields of application of the above-mentioned technology solutions that belong to public services (e.g. medical, education, public administration, public safety) and provided by municipal entities (energy, utilities, intelligent facilities, transport systems, etc.).
||Horizontal specialisation encompassing the application of mechatronic, information and telecommunication technologies, as well as photonic and optoelectronic technologies (e.g. based on laser and LED, infrared generation and detection techniques, advanced spectroscopy, laser sensorics, optocommunication, optical satellite communication), in the areas of:
• Automation or robotization of production;
• Automation of customer service and service delivery processes;
• Automation of auxiliary processes (e.g. by processing large data sets, using 3D printing in rapid design processes, etc.).
Monitoring and protection of the natural environment and climate as well as precision agriculture.
||Horizontal specialisation comprising low-waste and non-waste technologies (i.e. effective management of waste generated in a production company - "zero waste" through waste prevention, preparation for re-use, recycling or other recovery methods), "circular" technologies (in particular by managing the generated waste in other companies in the value chain) - regardless of the industry or sector.
|Machinery and equipment
||The specialization comprises activities related to:
• designing structures, new technologies for the production of machines and devices regardless of their purpose;
• development of innovative technologies for the production of machines and devices regardless of their intended use;
• manufacture of machinery and equipment for the needs of:
o power industry, including the use of renewable energy sources;
o Photonics, Electronics and Automation;
o for material recycling and recovery.
|Natural and recycled raw materials
||The specialisation covers areas related to the acquisition of mineral resources (in particular, low-waste and non-waste technologies) and the acquisition of raw materials from waste (including energy materials and raw materials for further processing). A large area of specialization encompasses technologies for the processing of metal ores, other minerals, natural resources (wood and its waste, other materials of plant and animal origin - in "biorefining" processes) and - due to the special place of water in the economy – water acquisition and processing.
|Chemistry and medicine
||The specialisation covers chemical technologies and products, biomedical technologies, procedures and products as well as science of materials.