This section includes Commission and external case studies of RIS3, both national and regional, as well as a library of draft RIS3s presentations from peer reviews and background documents on the regions.
Below is a number of references to case studies and examples of RIS3, which is followed by a list of the regions that have participated in the S3 Platform Peer reviews, links to presentations of their RIS3 strategies and in most cases background material that provides context to the cases.
Case studies and examples:
- Definition of an RIS3 strategy in the Balearic Islands
- Economic Development Strategies: Smart Specialization Case Studies by Raquel Ortega-Argilés.
- Summary of French Regions' RIS by DATAR
- Towards Smart Specialisation - The Lahti Region by Vesa Harmaakorpi and Tomi Tura
- Smart Specialisation Strategies: The Case of the Basque Country by Mikel Navarro Arancegui, Mari Jose Aranguren Querejeta and Edurne Magro Montero.
- Foresight Methods for Smart Specialisation Strategy development in Lithuania by Paliokaite, Martinaitis and Reimeris.
- Innovation-driven Growth in Regions: The Role of Smart Specialisation by OECD, 2013