Higher Education Instruments and Smart Specialisation Innovative Industrial Doctorates and Higher Technical Institutes in Puglia
JRC Technical Reports MARINELLI, Elisabetta; CAVICCHI, Alessio; FIORE, Annamaria; PAVIOTTI, Gigliola; GERUSSI, Elisa; IAMMARINO, Simona.
JRC S3 Policy Brief Series Mark Boden, Patrice dos Santos, Karel Haegeman, Elisabetta Marinelli, Susana Valero
Monitoring is also a long-standing concern for regions involved in RIS3. Within the Targeted Support activities we have run a working group addressing various facets of monitoring with policy makers and experts. These include:
- The importance of a clear logic of intervention, linking policy instrument to S3 priorities and various types of indicators;
- The different data-collection options, with their pros and cons;
- The role of stakeholders in monitoring;
- The politics of monitoring;
- The role of coordination;
- The balance between creating comparable vs region specific indicators.
These works has led to the creation of a MOOC, targeted to policy makers and practitioners: Monitoring Smart Specialisation Strategies
Most recently we have opened two further areas of work:
- The potential use of national and international open data for RIS3 monitoring;
- The evaluation of RIS3.
First fact-finding and stakeholder consultation meetings for the Review of Industrial Transition of Greece took place on the 10th October 2019 in Athens, Greece10 Oct 2019
Sixth meeting on the horizontal activities of Lagging Regions 2 to take place on the 23rd of October in Madrid26 Sep 2019
Marinelli, E., Bertamino, F., Fernandez,A
Dr Yannis Tolias
Squaring the circle: lessons from the role-playing exercises on S3 regional and multi-level governance
MARINELLI, Elisabetta; TOLIAS, Yannis; BERTAMINO, Federica; METAXAS, Michalis; GRISORIO, Jennifer