smart Fab Carinthia smart Fab Carinthia
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
Villacher Straße 1, 9800, Spittal (Austria)
Consisting of the Smart Lab Carinthia, the Start Up Initiative, Makers-Space, and the Innovation Workshop Carinthia, the Digital Innovation Hub of Carinthia, based at the Carinthia University of Applied Science, offers organisations of all sizes an opportunity to think differently about the way they deliver their products and services. With a thematic focus around innovation management, smart production and entrepreneurship - the join initiatives fostered by the Digital Innovation Hub help improve management and technical offerings of engaged companies.
Mit dem Smart Lab Carinthia, der Start Up Initiative und der Innovations-Werkstatt Carinthia bietet der Kärntner Digital Innovation Hub an der Fachhochschule Kärnten Unternehmen aller Größenordnungen die Möglichkeit, die Art und Weise der Bereitstellung von Produkten und Dienstleistungen auszubauen. Mit einem thematischen Fokus auf Innovationsmanagement, intelligente und vernetzte Produktion und Unternehmertum tragen die vom Digital Innovation Hub geförderten verbundenen Initiativen zur Verbesserung des Management und der technischen Angebote von unterstützten Unternehmen bei.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
Carinthia's digitalisation of industry strategy looks at the area of Industry 4.0, holistically; with an investment focus centered on improving competitiveness through enhancing production control technologies, ICT, embedded-systems technology, whilst enabling prosperity and enhanced quality of life for future generations. Smart UP at the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences supports the achievement of this goal through the provision of multi-faceted services to individuals and organisations which promote the technical and management capabilities required to implement digital-systems.
Furthermore, Carinthia University of Applied Sciences is directly involved with the Supplier Development Fund, supported by the Carinthian Business Development Fund, the Industry 4.0 and Digitization Initiative, supported by the Federation of Austrian Carinthian Industries, and finally the joint-initiative titled "SmartIndustry Carinthia", more information of which can be found here www.smartindustry-carinthia.com.
Other projects where CUAS has relevant involvement are: "Smart Production and Service Solutions" Interreg SI-AT, "CARE4TECH" Interreg Alpine Space, "COOP4HEALTHCARE" Interreg SI-AT, "E-EDU4.0" Interreg IT-AT, "Transnational Technology Transfer Training" ERASMUS+, & "STEVE" Horizon 2020. More information on these projects and CUAS's engagement with regional and national digitisation can be found at this website: https://www.fh-kaernten.at/unser-studienangebot/engineering-it/ueberblick/engineering-it/bachelor/wirtschaftsingenieurwesen/f-e-am-studiengang/initiativen/smart-lab/
Market and Services
- Manufacture of wood and wood products
- Manufacture of pulp, paper and paper products; publishing and printing
- Manufacture of basic metals and fabricated metal products
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Other Manufacturing
- TRL1 - Basic principles observed and reported
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Collaborative Researchs
- Concept validation and prototyping
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Education and skills development
Contract manufacturer for high precision or special metal parts
The client requested support to reduce production costs of a specific transport chain which is currently produced by a highly complex and labor intensive process.
CUAS supported the organisation by providing an alternative design for metal 3D-printing and performing the prototyping phase, along with supporting involvement of metal 3D printing partners.
e-drive for gasoline driven oldtimer motor scooters
The start-up requested support to develop e-drive for gasoline driven oldtime motor scooters. CUAS supported the client during market analysis, product definition, with the provision of fablab infrastructure and support during prototyping.
Large size contractual manufacturing of electronic products
The client requested unitlization of process simulation in order to optimize production processes and the layout of production lines. CUAS supported the organisation with process analysis, development of alternative process layouts, definition of simulation models, execution and comparison of alternatives.
(part of) Public organization (part of RTO, or university)
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- European Regional Development Fund
- National basic research funding
- National specific innovation funding
- Regional funding
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- Start-up companies
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES AUSTRIA AG
Chamber of Commerce Carinthia
Chamber of Commerce
Carinthian Business Development Fund
Economic development agency
Lakeside Science and Technology Park
Carinthian Business Location & Public Investment
Economic development agency
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Artificial Intelligence and cognitive systems
- Location based technologies (e.g. GPS, GIS, in-house localization)
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Augmented and virtual reality, visualization
- Simulation and modelling
- Cloud computing
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing)
- ICT management, logistics and business systems
- New Media technologies
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Cyber physical systems (e.g. embedded systems)