CAMPUS 02 R&D Section CAMPUS 02 R&D Section
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
CAMPUS 02 Fachhochschule der Wirtschaft GmbH
CAMPUS 02 University of Applied Sciences, Körblergasse 126, 8010, Graz (Austria)
To maintain a competitive edge, companies require innovative ideas, new and improved products or services as well as the right market approach. As a company-oriented university of applied sciences, CAMPUS 02 provides comprehensive services for the industry. Therefore, CAMPUS 02’s research mission is to actively support Styrian companies – from the idea to the market.
Um im Wettbewerb bestehen zu können, brauchen Unternehmen innovative Ideen, neue und verbesserte Produkte oder auch Dienstleistungen sowie den richtigen Zugang zum Markt. Als unternehmensorientierte Fachhochschule stellt die FH CAMPUS 02 zu diesen Bereichen umfangreiche Leistungen für die Wirtschaft bereit. Die aktive Unterstützung der steirischen Unternehmen ist der Auftrag – von der Idee bis zur Wertschöpfung.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
Styrian RIS3 centers around three core sectors, mobility, clean technology and health tech, and the development across three technical competency areas: material and material technologies; machinery and plant engineering; and digital technologies (incl. sensor and microelectronics). The technical service offering of CAMPUS 02 R&D Section, specifically its technical focus on automation technology/mechatronics and information technology, is strategically aligned to support the delivery of these technical competencies within the region; and offers support to organisations in the three core sectors of Styria's RIS3 focus.
Furthermore, CAMPUS 02 R&D Section is integrated in the national and regional digitalisation Strategies if the Chamber of Commerce, representing the Austrian industry and companies; more information on this integration can be found here: https://www.wko.at/Content.Node/kampagnen/KMU-digital/index.html.
Other projects where CAMPUS02 R&D Section have relevant information are as follows: Interreg SI-AT "Smart Production and Service Solutions", Interreg AT-HU "Smart Up", Interreg Central Europe "3DCENTRAL".
Market and Services
- Electricity, gas and water supply
- Transport, storage and communication
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of transport equipment
- Other Manufacturing
- TRL1 - Basic principles observed and reported
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Collaborative Researchs
- Concept validation and prototyping
- Testing and validation
- Commercial infrastructure
- Digital Maturity Assessment
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Voice of the customer, product consortia
- Market intelligence
- Education and skills development
MAGNA Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik / Automotive
Development of a prototype of an autonomous transport vehicle for C-parts in automotive Industries
The Customer requested an flexible system to supply the production line with C-parts. The challenge was to develop a proper system to the specific demands of MAGNA Steyr. On of the demands was to keep the system very flexible in case of changing the production line. The various demands (which cannot be listed due to a NDA here) could be met by implementing a self learning autonomous system which also communicates with further existing vehicles. One special challenge was to fulfil all security demands (side parking in case of fire alarm etc...) within the development phase. The result fulfilled the expectations of MAGNA and gained the first place in an international challenge for the most innovative MAGNA project world wide.
Berger Medizintecnik GmbH
Berger MedTech developed a digital device to store data in hospitals more efficient to support the daily business of medical support. Request to CAMPUS 02 R&D was to give feedback on the function of the systems (optimization) and calculate some analysis to prove the economic advantage of the system. The technical device was checked by the automation experts for feedback but the economic analyses for improvement of economic advantage of the product was in the focus of the company support.More details: http://www.bemed.com
Charismatec OG was a Start Up founded out of the common development described in the example. The idea was to develop a mobile device to check documents for their specific security properties including NFC function control. The requirements have been defined by an expert of the Ministry of Defence to meet the demand of the Applier (Police, Military).
The challenges were met by implementing the following elements in a small mobile device: 15x Magnification with high quality glass lenses, 4 Incident light LEDs, 4 UV LEDs 365nm, 8 LEDs for rotating oblique light, NFC reader for ePassport check, 2 AAA batteries managed by an high efficiency microprocessor control for low power consumption. The system was optimized based on the feedback of the document Expert of the ministry of defence and was produced as prototypes for on sent testing. This on site testing was successful an so the company started to produce for the market and is now already present in several European countries.More details: https://www.doculuslumus.com
(part of) Public organization (part of RTO, or university)
Number of employees
- European Regional Development Fund
- National basic research funding
- National specific innovation funding
- Regional funding
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft GmbH
Technische Universität Graz
- Micro and nano electronics, smart system integration
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Screens and display technologies
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Cyber physical systems (e.g. embedded systems)
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Simulation and modelling
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing)
- ICT management, logistics and business systems