Vitus Bering Innovation Park
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Vitus Bering Innovation Park connects and facilitates the innovation ecosystem, and provides a close contact between research, education and industry. The park was founded by VIA University College and the foundation Insero, both actively contributing to Vitus Bering Innovation Park’s unique development environment, where innovation, business and education meet and houses cluster companies and start-ups within tech and digital solutions.
Vitus Bering Innovation Park are experts in incubation and acceleration programmes for tech and digital entrepreneurs, with diverse testing facilities (Engineering lab, ICT lab, BIM lab, Design Lab, Energy Lab and a Maker Space) and business consulting. Vitus Bering Innovation Park also develops international innovation projects and provides aid on external funding and/or investments.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
The activities of the hub are well aligned with the Denmark's national initiative for digitising industry, MADE - Manufacturing Academy of Denmark.
Market and Services
- Electricity, gas and water supply
- Transport, storage and communication
- Financial intermediation
- Real estate, renting and business activities
- Other community, social and personal service activities (media, entertainment, etc.)
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Manufacture of transport equipment
- Other Manufacturing
- Other markets
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL1 - Basic principles observed and reported
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Collaborative Researchs
- Concept validation and prototyping
- Testing and validation
- Commercial infrastructure
- Digital Maturity Assessment
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Voice of the customer, product consortia
- Market intelligence
- Access to Funding and Investor Readiness Services
- Education and skills development
The park facilitates an international environment with access to the latest knowledge in global business development, international networks and a professional and international study environment. The park also houses Center for Research and Development in Corporate Globalization, whom works exclusively to strengthen Danish companies' global opportunities. Experts are ready to help companies and start-ups through the globalization process - from value chain optimization and development of globalization strategy to international sales, marketing and intercultural collaboration.More details: https://vitusbering.dk/om-parken/globalisering/
Vitus Bering Innovation Park facilitates an incubation enviroment for entrepreneurs within IT and Tech with global aspirations. Here the entrepreneur become a part of a team of entrepreneurs, get access to professional and experienced business coaches, testing and lab facilities and an extended network within IT and Tech companies.
Furthermore the entrepreneur have access to all workshops and talks in the park and get access to business enhancing activities from local business council BusinessHorsens, Via University College and Insero Business Counsulting department.
The park was active in the foundation of Venture City Horsens, a local mentor and business angel network to support ambitious entrepreneurs. This initiative has helped several tech start-ups with investments and funding.More details: http://beringstartup.com/
Access to new research and knowledge.
New knowledge and research are crucial for businesses and start-ups. In Vitus Bering Innovation Park, companies live side by side with VIA University College. The University not only offers a number of engineering and commercial education relevant to entrepreneurs, but also conducts a number of research and development activities, enabling you to access the latest research and knowledge in areas such as ICT, global business engineering, value chain management, marketing, etc. In addition, companies have the opportunity to collaborate with dedicated students who are looking for practical experience.
Digitalisation and applied tech
Cluster of digital and applied tech companies, with access to the latest knowledge and trends within digitalization and applied tech. The cluster includes innovative software companies, hardware developers and IT consultants. Today the park houses 50 companies.
Often the park invites companies, students, entrepreneurs and the public to events and workshops, where the main focus is digitalization, applied tech and digital business models.More details: https://vitusbering.dk/om-parken/professionelle-klynger/
Vitus Bering Innovation Park houses several of testing facilities, such as a Makerspace, ICT Lab, BIM Lab, Energy, and Lab for E-Learning, together with process spaces for Business Development and Ideation.
It supplies easy access to prototyping and testing in a lab facility, for students, entreprenuers and companies.More details: https://vitusbering.dk/vores-tilbud/innovation-labs-2/
(part of) Public organization (part of RTO, or university)
Number of employees
- European Regional Development Fund
- Regional funding
- Partner resources
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Location based technologies (e.g. GPS, GIS, in-house localization)
- Interaction technologies (e.g. human-machine Interaction, motion recognition and language technologies)
- Cyber security (including biometrics)
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Augmented and virtual reality, visualization
- Software as a service and service architectures
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing)
- ICT management, logistics and business systems
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Internet services (e.g. web development, web production, design, networking, and e-commerce)