Digital Innovation Hubs
- Hub Name
- STP CARTUJA
- Local Name
- PCT CARTUJA
- Evolutionary Stage
- In preparation
- Geographical Scope
The Cartuja Science and Technology Park is the first international example of the reuse of a world exhibition (Expo’92) facility as a connection point between universities, science and business.
Its success is reflected in its motto: Innovate, collaborate, grow.
STP Cartuja is a public policy instrument aimed at enhancing local economic development and technologic modernization. STP Cartuja encourages private investment in R&D&I by positioning themselves as an innovative centre, where cooperation is the basis for growth and business competitiveness.
STP Cartuja hosts important technologic agents with high scientific, technical and social skills that facilitate knowledge creation, transmission, diffusion and management and its application to productive activities, lifting up business competitiveness of SMEs and other companies in its environment. Some of these important agents are University of Seville, Scientific Research Center Cartuja (CIC Cartuja), Technology Corporation of Andalucia (CTA), Entrepreneur Circle of STP Cartuja, Entrepreneur confederation of Andalucia (CEA), Energy Agency of Andalucia (AAE), Knowledge Agency of Andalucia (AAC), International Trade Agency of Andalucia (EXTENDA), Innovation Agency of Andalucia (Agencia IDEA), IPTS (Joint Research Centre from European Commission), among others.
Therefore, in this frame and with the objective of lifting up SMEs business competitiveness, STP Cartuja promotes digital transformation and creation of innovative and cooperative ecosystems, in cooperation with the rest of the agents in our environment.
STP Cartuja has an essential competitive advantage: it is a Park within the city, very close to the city center and well connected to the airport and railway station.
The heart of STP Cartuja is composed by its companies and its scientific and technological institutions. Besides these, there are also areas dedicated to culture, leisure and sports. Altogether, they form a facility of excellence.
The Park is a true entrepreneurial, scientific and technological engine under continual development, with 442 companies, 16.700 jobs created and an economic activity of €2.066 million (Figures from 2016).
The managing Company of STP Cartuja is in charge of boosting business relationships to promote STP development, by organising meetings for partner search, training actions, assesment for financing startups, seed capital and R+D projects, information and communication actions for dissemination of activity and projects of companies within the Park.
The managing company, Parque Cientifico y Tecnologico Cartuja, S.A., is dependent on the Employment, Company and Trade Regional Ministry from the Regional Government of Andalusia and it is a member of the Spanish Association of Scinece and Technology Parks (APTE) and of the International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation (IASP).
ADVANTAGES OFFERED BY STP CARTUJA
STP Cartuja is an exclusive location for business, 5 minutes far from city center, 15 minutes far from international airport San Pablo (Seville) and high speed train station Santa Justa (Seville). It is a place with excellent complementary services, for business and also for leisure, culture and sports.
Companies in STP Cartuja can have access to scientific and technical facilities dedicated to interdisciplinar research in the fields of Nuclear Physics, Microelectronics, Biontechnology, Biomedicine, Nanotechnology y 3D.
Synergies between companies and other entities
Every company, since it set up in STP Cartuja, can count with the efforts of the managing company of the STP, which promotes relationships, business opportunities and synergies between companies and other entities allocated within the STP, especially in issues related with financing and R+D projects.
Constant flow of technology and knowledge
Companies at STP Cartuja work in an environment of constant flow of technology and knowledge between universities, research centers and companies. This scenario generates business opportunities and it facilitates access to regional, national and European grants that can add financing sources and value to products and services of companies in the park.
Side by side opportunities
Neighbor companies are potential collaborators, suppliers and clients. Sharing space with companies with the same needs is a way of setting up strategic alliances and of growing easily.
National and international contacts
Companies at STP Cartuja can have access to national and international contact networks thanks to the managing company of the park.
Specialised Activities, workshops, conferences and events
Companies at STP Cartuja have access to updated information about specialized activities, workshops, conferences and events at national and international level, where they can exchange knowledge, experience and know-how with other companies and research centers.
STP Cartuja has also launched projects, services and activities to benefit all our environment (Science and technology Park within the City of Seville, in the Andalusian Region at Spain). Some of them interesting to be pointed out, are the following:
- STP Cartuja will host the 37th IASP World Conference in 2020. (http://www.pctcartuja.es/blog)
- STP Cartuja is a member of the partnership in the project so called SATARTUP2, financed by the Erasmus Young Entrepreneur Call form the COSME Program. This project promotes the international mobility and exchange of experience between European entrepreneurs. http://www.pctcartuja.es/es/proyecto/erasmus-para-emprendedores.html
- STP Cartuja has recently launched a Technologic Challenge Program. This program aims to promote competitiveness and creativity to reach innovative solutions to concrete “problems” in different fields and sectors. http://www.pctcartuja.es/es/retostecnologicos.html
- STP Cartuja has joint the Alliance to promote Dual Professional Training (FP Dual). This initiative aims to impulse al a national level this kind of training (FP Dual), which it is normalized in Spain since 2012. FP Dual includes the participation of companies during the learning process of students in this king of training. http://www.pctcartuja.es/es/noticias/el-pct-cartuja-ofrece-sus-empresas-participaci%C3%B3n-en-proyectos-de-fp-dual
El Parque Científico y Tecnológico Cartuja es el primer ejemplo internacional de reutilización de un recinto heredero de una exposición universal (Expo’92) en un espacio de conexión entre Universidad, Ciencia y Empresa.
Su éxito, su lema: Innova, coopera, crece.
El PCT Cartuja es un instrumento de política pública orientado a potenciar el desarrollo económico local y la modernización tecnológica. PCT Cartuja, como espacio innovador, fomenta la inversión privada en I+D+i y establece sinergias y relaciones con los agentes tecnológicos de su entorno promoviendo la cooperación como base para el crecimiento y la competitividad empresarial.
El parque PCT Cartuja reúne en su recinto y entorno importantes agentes tecnológicos, con capacidades científicas, técnicas y sociales que facilitan la creación, transmisión, difusión y gestión del conocimiento y su aplicación a las actividades productivas, elevando así la competitividad de las PYMEs y empresas de su entorno. Cabe destacar entre ellos a la Universidad de Sevilla, CSIC, CTA, Círculo de Empresarios de PCT Cartuja, CEA, AAEnergía, AAConocimiento, EXTENDA, Agencia IDEA, IPTS, etc.
De esta forma, con el objetivo de aumentar la competitividad empresarial, PCT Cartuja trata de potenciar, en cooperación con el resto de agentes, la transformación digital y la creación de ecosistemas innovadores y cooperativos.
El PCT Cartuja cuenta, además, con una ventaja añadida: su ubicación privilegiada. Es un parque urbano, a escasos minutos a pie del centro histórico de Sevilla, y a menos de 20 minutos tanto del aeropuerto como de la estación del AVE.
El corazón del PCT Cartuja son sus empresas y entidades científicas y tecnológicas. A ellas se suman las áreas dedicadas a la cultura, al ocio y al deporte. Entre todas conforman un recinto de excelencia.
El Parque es un verdadero motor empresarial, científico y tecnológico en continuo desarrollo. Así, el recinto alberga a 442 empresas y entidades, que generan un empleo directo de 16.700 trabajadores y una actividad económica de 2.066 millones de euros (Datos del ejercicio 2016). Entre las entidades de PCT Cartuja, se pueden contar 2X centros de investigación, que albergan a más de XX grupos de investigación.
La sociedad gestora del PCT Cartuja es la encargada de dinamizar las relaciones empresariales para el desarrollo del Parque Científico y Tecnológico, a través de encuentros para la búsqueda de socios y colaboradores, programas de formación y asesoramiento para la financiación de capital semilla y de proyectos de I+D, y puesta en marcha de acciones de información y comunicación para la difusión de la actividad y proyectos de las empresas y entidades en él ubicadas.
La sociedad gestora depende de la Consejería de Economía y Conocimiento de la Junta de Andalucía y es miembro de la Asociación de Parques Científicos y Tecnológicos de España (APTE) y de la International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation (IASP).
Ventajas que ofrece el Parque
Lugar exclusivo para los negocios a 5 minutos del centro de Sevilla, a 15 minutos del aeropuerto internacional San Pablo y la estación de tren de Santa Justa. Es un espacio dotado con excelentes servicios complementarios, tanto empresariales como de ocio, cultura y deporte.
INFRAESTRUCTURA DE INVESTIGACIÓN AL ALCANCE DE LAS EMPRESAS
Acceso a instalaciones científico-técnicas dedicadas a la investigación interdisciplinar en los campos de la Física Nuclear, Microelectrónica, Biotecnología y Biomedicina, Nanotecnología y 3D.
SINERGIAS ENTRE EMPRESAS Y ENTIDADES
Desde tu instalación en el Parque contarás en todo momento con el impulso y apoyo de la gestora del PCT Cartuja, que fomenta la relación y generación de oportunidades de negocio y sinergias entre empresas y entidades del recinto, especialmente en temas relacionados con financiación empresarial y la generación de proyectos de I+D+i.
FLUJO CONSTANTE DE CONOCIMIENTO Y TECNOLOGÍA
Trabajarás en un entorno de flujo constante de conocimiento y tecnología, entre universidades, instituciones de I+D y empresas. Este entorno permitirá generar oportunidades de negocio, acceso a convocatorias de ayudas públicas regionales, nacionales y europeas (en especial el Programa Marco Horizonte 2020) para añadir tanto financiación como valor añadido a productos y servicios. Estar ubicado en el PCT Cartuja, rodeado de empresas y centros de I+D punteros en tecnología, investigación e innovación, reforzará la imagen, posicionamiento y visibilidad en el mercado de todas las empresas que en él conviven
OPORTUNIDADES PARED CON PARED
Las empresas vecinas son potenciales colaboradores, proveedores y clientes. Compartir espacio con aquellos que tienen las mismas necesidades que uno mismo, permite establecer alianzas y crecer con mayor facilidad.
CONTACTOS Y CONOCIMIENTO A NIVEL NACIONAL E INTERNACIONAL
Tendrás acceso a redes de contactos y conocimiento a nivel nacional e internacional gracias a la actividad de la gestora del Parque.
ACTIVIDADES, JORNADAS Y EVENTOS ESPECIALIZADOS
Tendrás acceso a información de primer nivel sobre actividades, jornadas y eventos especializados de ámbito nacional e internacional, donde podrán compartir conocimientos, experiencias y know-how con otras empresas y centros de investigación, tanto consolidados como de reciente creación.
Como proyectos y actividades que el PCT Cartuja ha puesto en marcha, cabe destacar los siguientes:
- PCT Cartuja será la sede de la 37ª Conferencia Internacional de IASP, Asociación Internacional de Parques Científicos y Áreas de Innovación en 2020. http://www.pctcartuja.es/blog
- PCT Cartuja participa como socio en el programa EYE, que fomenta la movilidad de emprendedores a nivel internacional. http://www.pctcartuja.es/es/proyecto/erasmus-para-emprendedores.html
- PCT Cartuja ha puesto en marcha un programa de Retos Tecnológicos, donde se trata de fomentar la competitividad y la creatividad para alcanzar soluciones innovadoras a problemas concretos en distintos sectores. http://www.pctcartuja.es/es/retostecnologicos.html
- PCT Cartuja ser ha unido a la Alianza para fomentar la FP Dual, iniciativa que está encaminada al impulso de la Formación Profesional Dual en España, modalidad formativa regulada en España desde el año 2012 que consiste en la participación de la empresa durante el proceso de aprendizaje de los estudiantes de ciclos de formación profesional. http://www.pctcartuja.es/es/noticias/el-pct-cartuja-ofrece-sus-empresas-participaci%C3%B3n-en-proyectos-de-fp-dual
- Coordinator (Other)
- PARQUE CIENTIFICO Y TECNOLOGICO CARTUJA, S.A.
- Year Established
- c/ Isaac Newton, s/n. Pabellón de la UE., 41092, Seville (Spain)
- Contact information
- Organizational form
- (part of) Public organization (part of RTO, or university)
- Number of employees
- Internet of things
- Cyber security
- Internet services
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
Our initiative for digital transformation is completely in line with the regional plan for digitizing industry in Andalusia, called Action Plan: Digital Business (Plan de Acción - Empresa Digital) and what it is more relevant, with the Spanish national initiative for digitizing industry, called INDUSTRIA CONECTADA 4.0. STP Cartuja reinforces this plan in its aim of awareness and implementation of measures to promote digital transformation in Andalusian companies. STP Cartuja provides services and develops activities and projects based on cooperation. With these services, activities and projects, STP Cartuja chases the objectives to generate synergies that can be the origin of innovation and to strengthen competitiveness of industry.
From STP Cartuja, we try to promote the generation of innovative ecosystems, supporting cooperation between different technology agents (universities, research centers, technology based companies, traditional companies, public bodies, etc.) allocated in our environment, that can help to reach the goals of INDUSTRIA CONECTADA 4.0.
As it has been explained before, STP Cartuja is dependent on the Employment, Company and Trade Regional Ministry from the Regional Government of Andalusia. In this frame, STP Cartuja has collaborated with the regional government of Andalusia in the dissemination and communication of the Program of Incentives for Industrial Development, Improvement of Competitiveness, Digital Transformation and Job Creation 2017-2020, managed by IDEA Agency, public agency dependent on the regional government and allocated in our Science and Technology Park.
Furthermore, STP Cartuja, together with other relevant agents in Andalucia, helped in the definition of the Andalusian Research and Innovation Smart Specialization Strategy (RIS3) and in the definition of the Andalusian Plan of Research, Development and Innovation 2020 (PAIDI 2020).
Market and Services
- Transport and logistics
- Life sciences & healthcare
- Community, social and personal service activities
- TRL1 - Basic principles observed and reported
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- TRL9 - Actual system proven through successful mission operations
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Education and skills development
Digital Transformation Plan EVOLUCIONA TD
- Client profile: SMEs
- Client needs: Measures to facilitate business development
- Provided solution: Awareness meetings, training sessions and services of implementation of measures of digital transformation specifically designed for companies.
This plan has been launched in 2018 in an attempt of complementing services and activities offered to the companies in and out of the Science and Technology Park Cartuja in the field of digital transformation.
The aim of this initiative is to support economic growth, to promote competitiveness and internationalization of companies by digital transformation
This initiative includes several phases and activities:
- Promotion and Awareness meetings.
- Training sessions and mentoring for digital transformation: Personalized workshops for acquiring required information to design a personal digitalization plan for each participant.
- Implementation of measures specifically designed for digital transformation to selected companies.
Results in 2018:
This service is an example of new initiatives launched by STP Cartuja to help companies to adapt themselves to the new economic scenario in the digital era. With this objective, the results of this DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PLAN EVOLUCIONA TD in 2018 are the following:
- 8 promotion and awareness meetings carried out, with the participation of more than 50 companies.
- 10 tailored training sessions with 10 SMEs and implementation of measures of digital transformation to these 10 SMEs.
Incubation services – MARIE CURIE TECNOINCUBATOR
- Client profile: Young and Technology based Companies
- Client needs: Assessment related to business development and consolidation.
- Provided solution: Incubation services at Marie Curie Tecnoincubator
MARIE CURIE Tecnoincubator was built and founded in 2010 by the managing company of STP Cartuja, and along this time, it has turned into one of the best spaces in Andalucia for consolidation of young based technology companies and entrepreneurs. Since its creation, it has hosted and incubated more than 100 companies. Nowadays, with more than 85% of occupation, there are 34 companies in Marie Curie Tecnoincubator.
STP Cartuja was founded as a Science and Technology Park 25 years ago. Although this long lifetime, until 2010 there was no physical infrastructure for incubation within the STP. In such a way, this service/facility answered to the needs of young companies, spin-off from university and start-ups, that wanted to be allocated in the park and needed assessment and complementary services to be consolidated.
Marie Curie Tecnoincubator presents great competitive advantages compared with other incubation centers:
- Technology based entrepreneur environment, composed by high quality facilities, high innovative neighbors and activities and services tailored and oriented to this reduced number of companies.
- Marie Curie Tecnoincubator Managing team, exclusively dedicated to assess and to follow-up incubated companies. This team is very close to the companies and has as a priority to solve problems and demands from companies in the incubator, in a personalized way.
- Synergies and cooperation: The managing team looks for business opportunities and cooperation among companies in the incubator. In order to reach these objectives, they plan specific activities, conferences, workshops and other events, sometimes restricted to the hosted companies and sometimes with the aim of joining together a great number of entrepreneurs and companies, universities, research centers, etc. from inside and outside the STP Cartuja.
Information, dissemination and communication services – INFORMATION ALERT SERVICE
- Client profile: Companies within STP Cartuja and in Andalusia region
- Client needs: Keep up to date of relevant information of activities, services, events, etc. related to the STP Cartuja.
- Provided solution: Alert service
Nowadays there is so much information available that most of the times, companies do not have time enough to classify and filter what can be interesting for them. In an attempt of making things easy for our tenants, STP Cartuja tries to collect all the relevant information for companies and people working in our Park, in fields of technology, innovation, etc. The Information Alert Service is composed by a panel in our website which joins together all the current information and a mailing send every two days, including only new events or new pieces of information.
The classified areas of information that are included in this service are the following:
- Events and conferences
- Grant calls
- Competitions and awards
- Employment offers
- Leisure, culture and sports.
By this service, people working for companies of the STP Cartuja and in Andalusia, in general, can be up-to-date with relevant information regarding these categories. And, what it is more, they can use this service to promote their own events or activities.
Training services and innovation support activities
- Client profile: Companies within STP Cartuja and in Andalusia region
- Client needs: Particular requests from companies
- Provided solution: Different types of services and activities with the main objective to support economic growth and promote company competitiveness.
From STP Cartuja, we develop different types of services and activities with the main objective to support economic growth, to promote competitiveness and internationalization of companies, such us:
TRAINING SERVICES: STP Cartuja develops training cycles or activities every year, with thematic that can be interesting for companies in our STP. An example of this service is the Cybersafety and Internet of Things training cycles; that started in 2016, with the first cycle, and it is expected to be updated this 2018/19. (https://twitter.com/PCTcartuja/status/798459317838024704)
Description of Cybersafety and Internet of Things training cycles: Training sessions specially designed for entrepreneurs and SMEs managers with main issues related to cyber safety and internet of things. Some issues tackled during previous sessions, since 2016, are the following:
- General aspects of Information safety
- Protection of Information
- Legal framework
- Safety Director Plan
- Clients protection
- Future and Internet of Things
INNOVATION SUPPORT SERVICES: STP Cartuja offers a wide range of services and activities in order to promote company competitiveness throughout the use of digital technologies; to promote cooperation and creation of innovative ecosystems for boosting economic growth; such us:
- Landing page creation service for SMEs (http://www.pctcartuja.es/es/noticias/el-pct-cartuja-ofrece-sus-empresas-una-p%C3%A1gina-de-presentaci%C3%B3n-online-trav%C3%A9s-de-su-portal). STP Cartuja offers as a service, for SMES allocated in the STP, the creation a landing page of their company that can be used as a presentation webpage of the company.
- Assessment for financing R+D projects.
- Partner search for cooperation projects.
- Organization of meetings, conferences and forums of interest for companies allocated in the STP.
- Actions in order to create awareness and promote scientific vocations on young people; such us the project boosted by APTE, where STP Cartuja is one of the members CIENCIA Y TECNOLOGIA EN FEMENINO (https://www.apte.org/ciencia-tecnologia-en-femenino)
- Organization of networking events, to promote cooperation between small and large companies, research centers, universities, etc.
- Activities to promote creation and development of clusters within the STP and the city of Seville.
INVIERTE PCT Cartuja
- Client profile: Entrepreneurs and Young Companies
- Client needs: Business funding.
- Provided solution: Training and mentoring services and an annual investment forum.
This project was launched in 2012, and this year will take place its 7th edition. This initiative was born to complement services offered to incubated companies, in order to help them in their way of consolidation, especially in issues related with private investors and business angels. Currently, this initiative is open to any young company or entrepreneur with an interesting business project.
The main objective of this initiative is to train and assess entrepreneurs in attracting funding for their business projects and in their presentations to potential investors.
A maximum of 20 business projects (companies or entrepreneurs) are the participants in each edition of this initiative. So far, every edition of INVIERTE PCT CARTUJA lasts about 4 months and has 2 stages :
- In the first stage, every participant receives an introductory training course as a venture academy. They also have access to personalized mentoring to help them with their presentations to potential investors.
- In the second stage, the best projects of the edition are selected (with a maximum of 10 projects) to present their selves to investors and business angels in the INVESTMENT FORUM, that closes every edition of the initiative INVIERTE PCT CARTUJA.
Figures of the former six editions are the following:
- 125 business project participants
- Funded received by 12 business projects
- Investment in these 12 projects of more than 3 Million €.
Although this initiative is not sectorial limited for business projects, most of them are innovative and technology based projects that try to digitize services and products increasing their own competitiveness.
- European Regional Development Fund
- Regional funding
- Partner resources
- Number of customers annually
- Type of customers
- Start-up companies
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
- Research organisations
- IASP International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation
Networked, cluster organization
- JUNTA DE ANDALUCIA
- AYUNTAMIENTO DE SEVILLA
- UNIVERSIDAD DE SEVILLA
- AGENCIA IDEA
- CONSEJERÍA DE EMPLEO, EMPRESA Y COMERCIO
- APTE Asociación de Parques Científicos y Tecnológicos de España
Networked, cluster organization
- MSD INNOVANDO JUNTOS
Robotics for Infrastructure Inspection and MAintenance
Robotics for Infrastructure Inspection and MAintenance
Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) represents a huge economic activity (450 Bn€ market) spanning across sectors such as energy, transport, civil engineering. EU hosts over 50% of I&M robotics offer but there is a bottleneck connecting it to the market and high potential applications. RIMA is a 4-year project aiming to establish a network of 13 Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH) on robotics sharing best practices and providing services to facilitate uptake of I&M technologies.
Our challenge is to reinforce this connection and to provide education and training on robotics I&M and to connect the value chain - research, technology companies, service providers, end users and investors- for accelerating economic growth in the field:
- RIMA is building upon the network pioneered by SPRINT Robotics extending it to all relevant sectors across the value chain.
- The RIMA network encompasses:
o leading research organizations supporting one DIH per region aligned with regional policies and industry sectors.
o Sectorial associations who will make a bridge with end users and industries.
- RIMA will offer services including support to testing and technology transfer, coaching and training on robotics for I&M, process optimization and communication. 50.5% of RIMA’s budget will be distributed to SMEs to run experiments using FSTP
- RIMA will advise on funding opportunities relying on the S3 Thematic Platform on robotics for I&M federating the common ambition of 13 EU regions.
- Network sustainability will be ensured by adapting the SPRINT business model
Expected results are (i) increased competitiveness of EU I&M Robotics, (ii) economic added value by increased productivity and availability of the critical infrastructure (iii) social and environmental impact through improved safety and less emission of hazardous substances (iv) the constitution of a sustainable and scalable (open to new members) DIH network aligned with the industrial and European policies and ambitions