Teknopark Istanbul - Innovation Hub of Turkey
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Coordinator (Research & Technology organization)
Teknopark Istanbul - Innovation Hub of Turkey
Sanayi Mah Teknopark Bulvari No:1 Pendik, 34906, Istanbul (Turkey)
Teknopark Istanbul, is a national science and technology park project which is being developed by the public-private partnership of the Undersecretariat for Defence Industries and the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, aiming to create a dynamic, entrepreneurial and open innovative ecosystem, to contribute to Turkey’s technology development capacity.
Teknopark Istanbul is targeting to be the one of the best-known technoparks in Europe on the focus technologies of aeronautics, biotechnology, energy, marine, advanced eletronics and advanced materials. It will be hosting around one thousand local and global R&D companies, with a total of thirty thousand engineers and field experts on its one million square meters of closed space.
Our primary goal is to create synergy and collective work among the organizations that are operating in our focus technologies. Teknopark Istanbul offers corporate solutions to the R&D firms and entrepreneurs located in our campus through the help of Technology Transfer Office and Incubation Center.
Besides its strong managerial support, access to venture capital fund, zero-cost incubation center, shared lab spaces, technology transfer office and social areas; Teknopark Istanbul also has the unique property of having an international airport inside its campus: Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (SAW)
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
Turkey currently has no national initiative for digitising industry.
Market and Services
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Other markets
- Financial intermediation
- TRL1 - Basic principles observed and reported
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- TRL9 - Actual system proven through successful mission operations
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Collaborative Researchs
- Concept validation and prototyping
- Commercial infrastructure
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Access to Funding and Investor Readiness Services
- Education and skills development
Cooperation Development, Business Development and Project Development Services
We provide consulting services for all of our companies in accessing to national and international funding mechanisms(funding programs, investors, VCs, private equities and others).
We help them to connect with other technopark companies and also academicians of the universities and contribute to the development of their networks.
We design and implement programs to increase the cooperation with universities and other technopark companies. Sectoral Cooperation Days and Internships Program are some of the examples of these actitivities of TTO.
The vision of the incubation center is to create an environment for all entrepreneurs to collaborate among each other as well with all related stakeholders around the globe. The Center is built upon cooperation and aims at creating companies who have international reputation. With completion of the entire incubation center by late 2015, Teknopark Istanbul will host one of the biggest and largest incubation center of Europe, the Middle East and Africa region.
Business idea contests, pre-incubation and incubation center, accelerator they are already/will all be carried out in the Incubation Center.
At the Incubation Center ideas, talents and capital will be able to flow freely. Followings, but are not limited to, are the motivation reasons why people join or what we are looking for from investors/companies at our incubation center:
Altruism: Giving back to community.
Adventure: An emotional rush for “The Next Big thing”. Courage to participate groundbreaking technologies before anyone
Challenge: Climbing the hills that others have said impossible.
Competition: Desire to compete against others are heart pumping.
Connections: Joy of meeting new people and developing connections.
Friendship: Form long-lasting relationships based on trust.
Learning: Satisfaction of learning from others.
Team: Pleasure of being part of a larger group.
Our core rules as follows:
- Continuous and constructive communication
- Collaboration on various areas
- Sharing Best practices and best-known methods
- Minimum supervision for cooperation
- Global mind set
- Continuous idea generation
The venture capital fund to be formed soon is providing funds to our fresh companies and the center is almost cost-free. The priority sectors are life sciences and health technologies, energy, maritime, defence industry, aviation, advance electronics, advance materials and industrial software.
Awareness Raising, Seminar and Training Services
We analyze needs and problems of our companies and organize tailor-made trainings, seminars and awareness raising activities according to those needs and also publish materials and announcements in their major interest areas.
Planning and Policy Development Services
We contribute to the clustering activities within Teknopark İstanbul and prepare project proposals for accessing to finance for these clusters, then execute the projects.
We routinely follow national and international policies in science, technology and innovation and provide seminars about the implementation procedures.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation Services
We monitor your projects financed by national and international funding resources and evaluate technology and innovation management capacity of your company. We use the evaluation data to plan and execute actions that will enhance these capacities.
Public Private Partnership
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- National basic research funding
- National specific innovation funding
- Partner resources
Teknopark Istanbul network
- Micro and nano electronics, smart system integration
- Cyber physical systems (e.g. embedded systems)
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Location based technologies (e.g. GPS, GIS, in-house localization)
- Interaction technologies (e.g. human-machine Interaction, motion recognition and language technologies)
- Cyber security (including biometrics)
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Augmented and virtual reality, visualization
- Simulation and modelling
- ICT management, logistics and business systems