Digital Innovation Hubs
- Hub Name
- Local Name
- Evolutionary Stage
- Fully operational
- Geographical Scope
As an independent not-for-profit platform, Flam3D exists for all stakeholders who are active in the domain of 3D-printing. We unite, represent and support companies, research institutions, governments and stakeholders.
Flam3D is looking to strengthen value chains, both inside and outside the organization. We are open for companies and organizations interested in 3D-printing and Additive Manufacturing applications.
Als onafhankelijk non-profit platform is Flam3D er voor alle belanghebbenden die actief zijn in 3D-printing. We verenigen, vertegenwoordigen en ondersteunen bedrijven, onderzoeksinstellingen, overheden en geïnteresseerden.
We gaan op zoek naar versterking van waardeketens en zijn er voor personen, bedrijven en organisaties die interesse hebben in 3D-printen en Additive Manufacturing-toepassingen.
- Coordinator (Research & Technology organization)
- Strategisch Initiatief Materialen - SIM-Flanders Vzw
- Year Established
- Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 935, 9052, Zwijnaarde (Belgium)
- Social Media
- Contact information
+32 468 298 872
- Organizational form
- Number of employees
- Additive manufacturing
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
The activities of the hub are well alligned with the following initiatives:
- Vanguard Initiative; member of the "High Performance Production through 3D-Printing" pilot, Flam3D is the regional organisation for Flanders (https://s3vanguardinitiative.eu/).
- Flanders Food; http://s3platform.jrc.ec.europa.eu/digital-innovation-hubs-tool/-/dih/1376/view; cooperation on 3D-Foodprinting.
- Flanders Make; http://s3platform.jrc.ec.europa.eu/digital-innovation-hubs-tool/-/dih/1158/view. cooperation on fairs and events, member of Flam3D.
- VLAIO; Flanders Agency on Innovation and Enterpreneurship, https://www.vlaio.be/nl : funding agency. Cooperation on Additive Manufacturing.
Market and Services
- Manufacture of chemicals, chemical products and man-made fibres
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products
- Manufacture of basic metals and fabricated metal products
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Manufacture of transport equipment
- Other Manufacturing
- TRL1 - Basic principles observed and reported
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- TRL9 - Actual system proven through successful mission operations
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Education and skills development
Manage, support and represent the common interests of its members in all possible regional, national and international companies, associations, federations, associations, affiliates, public authorities and public institutions.
Digital transformation support
Support to companies for digital transformation in the area of Additive Manufacturing.
The Clients' need is always knowledge, unbiased information and/or network connections - which is basically also the provided solution.
The Clients' profile is always different.
Means of providing the solution:
- network events
- company visits
- lectures, presentations, workshops, folders, etc...
To stimulate research and knowledge exchange in order to accelerate and expand developments and research methods in the field of 3D printing.
This activity is taking place mainly in cooperation with (technical) universities, but high schools and primary and middels schools aren't forgotten either. Flam3D is member of the regional STEM-platform and has a well-visited, non-commercial website, in the local language on 3D-printing in Educations.
Promoting technological and political networking, and knowledge exchange among its members and with third parties.
Flam3D has dozens of activities aimed at networking - from typical network events, to Matchmaking events and fairs. This has lead to multiple cooperations between several members and non-members. The website mentioned hereunder is just one example.
Examples of the activities in this regard can be found on, for example: https://www.flam3d.be/activiteiten-events/
Promote the principle of 3D printing, all its possible applications and the role of one or more members to professional users, schools, governments and the general public, both domestically and abroad.
This activity is done on a wide scale. For example, Flam3D has, together with 30 (!) of its partners designed and produced a 3D-printing demonstrator with 90 printed parts, called ""Family of the Future"". This project was widely promoted and taken up in numerous national and international newspapers/websites, and has been presented on several (international) shows and exhibitions. Googling ""Family of the Future Flam3D"" will give an idea of the impact created. It's just one example of how we promote the technology.
The creation of an eco-system in Flanders and the Netherlands in the area of 3D printing and Additive Manufacturing.
To improve the competitive position of the 3D printing industry in Europe, in part by strengthening the scientific knowledge base for 3D printing.
- Regional funding
- University of Ghent (UG)
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
- KU Leuven
- Materialise N.V.