Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía (PTA) Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía (PTA)
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía, PTA
Calle Maria Curie 35, 29590, Malaga (Spain)
Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía (PTA) is a place where national and international companies, entrepreneurs, technology centers and university research groups all come together and generate highly innovative products and services for the global market.
Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía (PTA) has been specially designed to house all types of entities dealing with innovation. The PTA has been established as a high standard location for the installation of innovative SMEs and large companies. It is located in a privileged natural environment, equipped with advanced infrastructures and services, in which a perfect balance between large multinational companies, the university and small and innovative companies has been attained.
Within more than twenty five years, the park has become a point of international reference in terms of science and technology parks where the Information Technologies and Energy sectors dominate, both in Research and Development, and the manufacture of equipment and services, with an innovative and environmentally friendly approach.
With over 630 businesses, and a number of key agents in the Andalusian Knowledge System, such as the University and its research groups, over 17.000 employees, an area of 186 hectares with an expansion project in progress, the PTA represents the innovation ecosystem in Malaga and it can be considered one of the main focuses for innovation and economic development in Andalucía. PTA represents 20% of the gross domestic product (GDP) and employment of the city of Malaga.
Some of the companies -among others- that have chosen the PTA for establishing their headquarters in Andalucia are DEKRA, Ericsson, CGI, IBM, Air Liquide, Aertec, ITRS, PWC, OPPLUS, A-Novo, Accenture, Grupo Cardiva, Premo Group, Huawei, Keysight, The Workshop, Indra, Altra Corp., JBP Beniosca, DXC, Ingenia, Oracle, MADES or Tedial.
Over the past 25 years, the PTA has created an extensive national and international network. Both the International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation (IASP) and the Spanish Association of Science and Technology Parks (APTE) have their headquarters at the PTA.
The PTA and the University of Malaga (UMA) have joined forces to create an international cooperation model to enable both companies and research groups to work together in global markets.
-TRAINING & SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: Promoting the specialized training in order to prepare students and professionals to the specific market needs.
-ENTREPRENEUR & INCUBATOR SUPPORT: Acceleration programs for innovation companies and mentoring. An entrepreneurial culture and a tradition of ongoing enterprise are fundamental to the sustainability of the business development model that has been created at the PTA; the entrepreneurs that started off in the business incubators and pre-incubators have become, in many cases, much larger companies who continue to carry out their activity at the PTA.
- INFRASTRUCTURES & GENERAL SERVICES: Telecommunications Networks, Offices, Waste Point, Hotel, Sport centre, Mobility services, education centre, etc…
-IN THE FIELD OF MATURING OF TECHNOLOGIES: Promoting the entrepreneurship especially among technologists and doctors to enhance the creation of new businesses. Encouraging the installation of national and international companies.
-SCIENTIFIC-TECHNICAL DISSEMINATION: publishing, dissemination and exchange in any medium of research, educational, cultural and artistic creation work developed by the companies. Promoting as well the dissemination of the business entities installed in PTA activity.
-HUMAN RESOURCES: Facilitating the labor market participation of students from the University of Málaga (UMA) through the development of professional practices in Technology Park of Andalusia companies, and helping companies in the process of recruiting according profile required by the job vacancy.
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER: Search of partners for RTD projects and supporting companies for the development and production of technologies for specific applications.
- INTERNATIONALIZATION: Support and advice to companies for their business expansion and internationalization.
- Support for access to public and private funding. Access to Investment forums.
- Other: Organization of workshops, innovation meetings, and networking events, creation and promotion of clusters.
PTA IN FEW WORDS:
The Technology Park of Andalucía (PTA) is a:
- Authentic model of innovation
- Place for international companies
- Location for R&D centers
- Headquarters of innovation networks
- Model of international cooperation
- Model of relation with the University
- Place for the transfer of technologies from/to traditional sectors
- Innovation financing model
- Model of public-private investment
- Model for the creation and development of innovative companies
El Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía (PTA) localizado en Málaga, es un lugar de alta calidad para la instalación de PYMES y grandes empresas, innovadoras y respetuosas con el medio ambiente dedicadas a la producción, los servicios avanzados, y la I+D.
Se encuentra ubicado en un privilegiado entorno natural, dotado de infraestructuras y servicios avanzados de gran calidad, en el que se ha logrado un perfecto equilibrio entre las grandes multinacionales, universidad y las pequeñas e innovadoras empresas.
El Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía (PTA) ha sido especialmente creado para albergar todo tipo de entidades relacionadas con la innovación, estableciéndose como el lugar idóneo para para la instalación de emprendedores, PYMES innovadoras y grandes empresas.
En sus veinticinco años de vida, el PTA se ha convertido en un punto de referencia internacional en el ámbito de parques científicos y tecnológicos, y en el que predominan los sectores de Tecnologías de la Información (TIC) y Energía, así como la ingeniería, industria, fabricación de equipos y prestación de servicios avanzados con un enfoque innovador.
Con más de 630 empresas, y contando con agentes clave en el Sistema Andaluz del conocimiento y la innovación, como la Universidad y sus grupos de investigación, así como con centros tecnológicos y de investigación, el PTA cuenta con más de 17,000 empleados en un área de más de 186 hectáreas. El PTA representa de este modo, el ecosistema de innovación en Málaga y puede considerarse uno de los principales focos de innovación y de desarrollo económico en Andalucía. El PTA contribuye en un 20% a la economía y el empleo de la ciudad de Málaga.
Algunas de las empresas que han elegido el PTA como lugar preferente para establecer sus oficinas o delegaciones son, DEKRA, Ericsson, CGI, IBM, Air Liquide, Aertec, ITRS, PWC, OPPLUS, A-Novo, Accenture, Grupo Cardiva, Premo Group, Huawei, Keysight, The. Taller, Indra, Altra Corp., JBP Beniosca, DXC, Ingenia, Oracle, MADES o Tedial.
El PTA y la Universidad de Málaga (UMA) mantienen una estrecha relación de conlaboración. La UMA contribuye al desarrollo de empresas con dos edificios en el PTA, el edificio azul que alberga grupos de investigación y spinoff universitarias y el edificio de biocomputación. Además, el PTA tiene un edificio en el campus de Teatinos denominado ‘The Green Ray’ que facilita que las empresas del parque puedan aprovechar el conocimiento generado en el propio parque.
FORMACIÓN Y DESARROLLO DE COMPETENCIAS
- Formación a demanda.
- Organización de cursos, talleres y jornadas para profesionales y estudiantes.
- Prácticas en empresa.
- Apoyo a la selección de personal.
- Asistencia a la Vigilancia Tecnológica
- Apoyo a la articulación de actividades de investigación, desarrollo e innovación.
- Apoyo al acceso de financiación pública y privada
- Impulso a la internacionalización empresarial
- Acceso a recursos bibliográficos especializados
MADURACIÓN DE TECNOLOGÍAS
- Impulso a la creación de spin-off
- Apoyo a la instalación de empresas en el entorno PTA-UMA
- Apoyo a la edición, difusión e intercambio de la labor científico-técnica.
- Apoyo a la edición y difusión de las noticias generadas por las empresas.
TRANSFERENCIA DE TECNOLOGÍA:
-Búsqueda de socios para proyectos de investigación y desarrollo
-Apoyo para el desarrollo y la producción de tecnologías para usos y aplicaciones específicas.
-Apoyo y asesoramiento a empresas para su expansión comercial e internacionalización.
APOYO AL EMPRENDEDOR E INCUBACIÓN:
- Programas de emprendimiento y aceleración de empresas innovadoras
INFRAESTRUCTURAS Y SERVICIOS GENERALES:
- Redes de telecomunicaciones, Punto de concentración de residuos, Hotel, centro deportivo, servicios de movilidad, centro educativo, salas de formación y de reuniones, etc ...
-Apoyo para el acceso a financiación pública y privada.
- Otros: Organización de jornadas, talleres, encuentros empresariales, desayunos tecnológicos, y eventos de networking.
- Creación y promoción de clusters.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
Parque Tecnologico de Andalucia (PTA) is contributing to the digitalization of the industry of Andalusia, developing activities and providing services that are aligned with the Spanish national initiative for digitising industry, Industria Conectada 4.0.
PTA is an instrumental company of the regional government of Andalusia, and subsidiary of the Innovation Agency of Andalusia (Agencia IDEA) that supports the digitalization of Andalusian companies through the active national initiative Industry 4.0, where the Innovation Agency IDEA is participating with several programs of incentives. In this context, PTA has collaborated in the dissemination and communication related to the Program of Incentives for Industrial Development, Improvement of Competitiveness, Digital Transformation and Job Creation 2017-20 of the IDEA Agency, and also supporting SMEs applying for this funding.
Moreover, PTA has participated, together with other institutions, in the definition of the Andalusian Plan of Research, Development and Innovation 2020, that defines the strategy of the region for promoting and supporting innovation, and is the principal instrument for programming, coordinating, enhancing and evaluating the policy of scientific and technological development of Andalusia. Also, together with other Andalusian Science and Technology Parks, PTA participated in the definition of the Andalusian research and innovation smart specialization strategy (RIS3 Andalucía).
Market and Services
- Transport, storage and communication
- Health and social work
- Other community, social and personal service activities (media, entertainment, etc.)
- Other Manufacturing
- Other markets
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- TRL9 - Actual system proven through successful mission operations
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Commercial infrastructure
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Market intelligence
- Awareness creation
- Access to Funding and Investor Readiness Services
- Education and skills development
Services and infrastructures for companies
The PTA offers a wide range of services and facilities for the companies established in this innovation area, helping companies to become more competitive with regard to their business processes by using digital technologies, such as the following services:
• In the field of training:
• In the field of human resources:
Company internships and personnel recruitment support
• In the field of business innovation:
- Assistance to Technological Surveillance
- Support for joint R&D and innovation activities
- Promotion of business internationalization
- Access to library resources
• In the field of technology development
- Incubator facilities and services.
- Promotion of the creation of Spin-Offs
- Support to the installation of companies in the PTA- UMA environment
-Financial advice and seeking funding for R&D projects.
• In the field of scientific-technological dissemination
- Support for the edition, transmission and exchange of scientific works
- Support for the edition and transmission of news generated by the companies
- Telecommunication networks
- Waste collection point
- Voice and data connection
• Other services and facilities:
- Access and rental of common infrastructures: training rooms, laboratories and meeting rooms
-Control and security
- Maintenance of facilities and common areas.
- Gardening, street cleaning and irrigation.
- kindergartens, educational centres, business schools and sports centre.
In the PTA a special model has been created that consists of having locations for all types of innovative and technological companies and start-ups: for entrepreneurs (incubators and preincubators), small and medium enterprises (containers / grow-on units) and large companies (owner-occupier buildings). With this model TPA has established itself as the leading place for start-ups within the region, which has led to a very positive development in the number of firms and workers in the area.
Currently the PTA has 635 companies installed that benefit from our insfrastructures and services.More details: http://www.pta.es/es/servicios.cfm#.W4bjW84zaUk
Dissemination and awareness
- Participation in dissemination activities and dissemination of the technical and scientific culture generated by the companies of the PTA.
- Organization of meetings, conferences and forums of interest for the companies installed in the park.
- Organization of Technological and scientific workshops for students in order to create awareness and promote the scientific and technological vocations of young people. Some example:
- Anually the PTA organize the “Science Week”
- Robotic workshops, such as Robotecno, a technology fair consisting on different workshops, stands and activities organized by PTA and tech companies with the aim of bringing young people to the world of ICT and R&D.
- Experimental activities on science areas with groups of students.
- Organization of visits to the exhibition of PTA
- Recently the PTA and the Association of Andalusian Technology Teachers have signed an agreement in order to launch several actions aimed at disseminating and promoting knowledge and technological innovation in the field of education. An example of this collaboration is the Project named “Andalucia STEM Girl”, in particular to promote STEM vocations in young students with emphasis for future girl leaders.
- IDEA Magazine: Every three months, the PTA publishes an information magazine about the Technopolis and its companies which is distributed both inside and outside of the site and in other places of business interest.
- Web: The PTA website includes all the information about Technopolis, in addition to news about the Park and its companies, and interesting events taking place both inside and outside of the site.
- Communication and press release service for companies: In the Andalusia Technology Park we support the communication of information related to the activity of our companies. We offer the service to broadcast the news and activities of the companies through the communication channels available in the park.
Networking and cluster promotion
The PTA has a strong relationship and works in cooperation with other networks such as IASP, European BIC Network (EBN), and The Association of Science and Technology Parks of Spain (APTE). In fact, the headquarters of both the International Association of Science and Technology Parks (IASP) and the National Association of Science and Technology Parks of Spain (APTE) are in the PTA.
The principal networking services and activities of PTA are:
- Promotion of the development of cooperation projects between SMEs and large companies.
- Informing the companies of the public support available for projects in cooperation.
- Mentorship programme: The managing body of the PTA recently decided to begin a mentorship programme with the aim to help entrepreneurs based in the PTA with their business path via coaching from other more experienced businessmen.
- Organising meetings between small and large companies within the same sector to help them establish strategic alliances.
PTA has focused on the creation and promotion of clusters in the technology park. The most relevant are:
- ICTs Cluster
- Cluster Smart City
- Aeronautic Cluster
- Rail Cluster
- Agriculture and food Cluster
- Medical and Biotechnology Cluster
PTA collaborates with the growth of clusters and the establishment of SME clustering behavior through the following activities:
- Search and selection of companies in the province both inside and outside the Park within the same sector in order to make them part of the cluster
- Providing space and infrastructures to grow the cluster
- Organizing meetings between companies to promote the collaboration among them.
- Promoting cooperation projects between companies, and searching for funding to finance the activity of the cluster
- Helping in the definition of the strategy
- Promoting technology transfer and the integration, and strengthening of the companies and institutions that are linked to the same sector.
- Encouraging business cooperation and innovation between the companies that belong to the clusters in order to ensure high competitiveness regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Organizing periodical meetings and workshops for companies, enhancing collaboration between them and the follow up of the cluster strategy.
Technology centres and R&D in PTA:
The Technology centres play an important role as they carry out innovative activities, technological development and transfer of results all orientated to innovation and the strategic economic sectors of Andalusia with highly qualified human resources and developing intense activity which has been increasing in recent years. The evolution of the centres in areas such as employment, turnover and number of employers engaged in them has shown progress in recent years.
The several centres active in the PTA:
- Rail Transport Technology Centre, which brings national and multinational companies working on projects in this sector.
- Habitec is a centre dedicated to technologies for the construction and edification
- CITIC: Andalusian Center for Information Technology and Communications
- The Andalusian Centre for Nanomedicine and Biotechnology, BIONAND
-CTAQUA, dedicated to the efficient management and new technologies related to water
Training and development of skills in digital contents
Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía (PTA) in collaboration with the University of Malaga is developing a full program of training in different areas of innovation including digital technologies.
For this reason, the PTA has developed on the University of Malaga Campus, the building called 'Green Ray', an initiative that is in fact the basis for a model of space offering a unique value proposition to companies within the framework of the intelligent specialization. It is an initiative that seeks to raise an alternative model of creative, innovative and with varying approaches clumps space, where the Park and the University facilitates the emergence of projects of innovation and entrepreneurship with an international scope. The building Green Ray is configured with a diversity of approaches where entrepreneurs, international companies, university and researchers live together, and where to develop projects of excellence with high potential of internationalization and, ultimately, global entrepreneurship. On one hand, entrepreneurs and companies have the possibility of using the knowledge developed by the University, and on the other also it offers tools that are required on the market and the competitive environment to become entrepreneurs and global entrepreneurship projects.
In this context of The Green Ray building, owned by the PTA, there are several programs organized by PTA together with the University related to new technologies and digitalization of companies. (http://thegreenray.eu/)
Some specific examples of these activities are:
- Advanced Analytics on Big Data (Master studies): The PTA and the UMA, together with some relevant ICT companies, organize this master in order to provide advanced knowledge and competencies in the area of data acquisition from variety of sources and their analysis.
- Workshops on Blockchain Technology: The aim of these workshops is to bring together researchers, programmers, students, companies and practitioners working in distributed systems, cryptography, and security, from academia and industry, who are interested in the technology and theory of blockchains and their protocols.
- Summer camps (Curso de verano PTA-UMA): Training on Big Data, Blockchain, cibersecurity, artificial intelligence, aeronautics, industry 4.0 and connected vehicles, among other disciplines related to technology. (http://www.pta.es/es/noticia.cfm?id=curso-verano-2018#.W4aJLs4zaUk)
- Samsung Tech Institute: Samsung has in our building Green Ray, their headquarters in Andalusia of its program “Samsung Tech Institute” where different training courses are taught, for example the course "Development of applications for Android devices", aimed at young talents with technological vocation who wish to develop their careers in the new digital economy and the trainig course of “Internet of Things (IoT)”, two areas of rapid growth and professional projection.
- Innovation Challenges with the collaboration of multinational companies such as the Intel Challenge, Premo or Artec Solutions challenge.
- Conferences on new technologies and networking events.- Inter-Company Mentoring Programme: The PTA Mentoring Programme is designed to provide an opportunity for Mentors and Mentees to participate, during, one year, in a programme to develop at the professional and individual levels through the informal sharing of personal and career experiences with a view to enabling greater potential for success within their organization. More details: http://www.pta.es/es/noticia.cfm?id=curso-verano-2018#.W4biOM4zaUk
International services and innovation support
The PTA is coordinating a Joint International Strategy Group whose aim is to combine international development strategies as well as the implementation of projects at global level and the search for joint actions for the development of an international strategy with vision of medium and long term. The group is formed by the main representatives of the principal institutions of the city of Malaga, which include Chamber of Commerce, City council, Entrepreneur Confederations, European Business and Innovation Centre, several public entities from the city, ICEX Spain delegation export and investments from the Regional Government, the Regional Government of Andalucía and the University of Málaga. The Technology Park of Andalucía is actually responsible for the coordination of the initiative, running the activities of preparation of the meetings and the associated minutes, management of the calendar, etc…
In addition, the park has developed a strong international strategy and possess good relations with a lot of entities from foreign countries in the development of European projects, the exchanges of good practices, and institutional alliances. Indeed, it will be a pleasure for us to study together a potential collaboration. In particular the Events & Knowledge Transfer activities, Communication and Urban Living Lab are some actions that we have a good command of.
Furthermore, the PTA provides the following services for the internationalization of the SME and entrepreneurs:
- Facilities and services for soft-landing
- Business Missions for companies to other countries.
- Support and advice to companies for their business expansion and internationalization.
- Specific International training for entrepreneurs: How to access new markets.
- International Technology transfer
- Assessments for the creation of Scientific and Technological Parks
- Intensive training, transfer of our model
- Leading International Cooperation Partnerships involving companies
- B2B meetings through videoconferences with other parks and companies worldwide
- Agreements with Parks, Universities, Governments and Embassies
- contribution to the development of international linkages and networks between SMEs, business networks and clusters.
(part of) Public organization (part of RTO, or university)
Number of employees
- European Regional Development Fund
- National specific innovation funding
- Regional funding
- Private funding
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
- Research organisations
- Start-up companies
Clúster Andalucía Smart Cities
Networked, cluster organization
Networked, cluster organization
Economic development agency
Universidad de Málaga, UMA
IASP International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation
Networked, cluster organization
Asociación de Parques Científicos y Tecnológicos de España (APTE)
Networked, cluster organization
Cámara de Comercio de Málaga
Chamber of Commerce
Fundación Pública Andaluza para la Investigación de Málaga en Biomedicina y Salud
Research & Technology organization
Centro de Apoyo al Desarrollo Empresarial, Andalucía Emprende
Consejería de Empleo, Empresa y Comercio
Ayuntamiento de Málaga
- Organic and Large Area Electronics (OLAE)
- Micro and nano electronics, smart system integration
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Artificial Intelligence and cognitive systems
- Location based technologies (e.g. GPS, GIS, in-house localization)
- Interaction technologies (e.g. human-machine Interaction, motion recognition and language technologies)
- Cyber security (including biometrics)
- Advanced or High performance computing
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Augmented and virtual reality, visualization
- Software as a service and service architectures
- Cloud computing
- ICT management, logistics and business systems
- Internet services (e.g. web development, web production, design, networking, and e-commerce)
- New Media technologies