Center Digitisation.Bavaria, ZD.B Zentrum Digitalisierung.Bayern, ZD.B
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Zentrum Digitalisierung.Bayern (ZD.B)
Lichtenbergstr. 8, 85748, Garching (Germany)
In the name of the Bavarian government the Center Digitisation.Bavaria perfoms a bundling function for already existing activities in the areas of digitisation and develops them further in a sustainable manner. With its business office in Garching the Center Digitisation.Bavaria acts as a coordinator for numerous actions. They especially include
- Thematic platforms: Networking between entrepreneurs and scientists concerning key themes of digitisation
- Junior Research Group: Encouragement of scientific junior researchers in the thematic fields relevant for digitisation
- Doctoral program: For networking and support of outstanding and promising university graduates in subjects relevant for digitisation
- Innovation labs: Bringing together companies and students in order to work at innovative prototypes
- Entrepreneurship: Supportive activities for establishing professional and entrepreneurial knowledge
- Professorships: Strengthening of the outstanding science and research landscape in Bavaria in future fields of digitisation
Start-up support: The CD.B supports young entrepreneurs and tomorrow’s founders by offering targeted support for entrepreneurship and innovation labs.
Strengthening companies: Thematic platforms network entrepreneurs and scientists concerning key themes of digitisation
Expansion of research and teaching: New professorships and junior research groups make up future-oriented research and teaching regarding themes of digitisation
Das Zentrum Digitalisierung.Bayern (ZD.B) ist eine deutschlandweit einzigartige Forschungs-Kooperations- und Gründungsplattform, die als Impulsgeber in Zusammenarbeit mit Wirtschaft, Wissenschaft, Verbänden und öffentlichen Maßnahmen wirkt. Ziel ist es, die Forschungskompetenz Bayerns im Bereich der Digitalisierung weiter zu stärken und das Tempo digitaler Entwicklungen zu erhöhen. Im Fokus der Aktivitäten steht der Ausbau der Kooperationen zwischen Wirtschaft und Wissenschaft, die Intensivierung der Gründungsförderung und die Begleitung des gesellschaftlichen Dialogs zu Themen der Digitalisierung.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
The main task of the ZD.B is to accompany the digitisation of all industries and citizen's life in Bavaria. It is funded within the respective government frameworks, Bayern Digital I“ and „Bayern Digital II“.
The activities of the hub are well aligned with the German national initiatives for digitising industry, Industry 4.0, Mittelstand 4.0 and Autonomik for Industrie 4.0.
Market and Services
- Electricity, gas and water supply
- Transport, storage and communication
- Health and social work
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Other Manufacturing
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Voice of the customer, product consortia
Project consortia for solution development
Rail companies struggle when unexpected incidents such as break downs of trains to organise rail replacement services that allow the customers to reach their destination with the shortest delay possible.
ZD.B connected different Bavarian players (Bayerische Oberlandbahn, Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics, and catenate) to form a consortium. Subsequently, the project applied for and received a ZD.B project grant.
In this ZD.B funded project, after a phase of extensive customer research realised by Fraunhofer, catenate is currently developing a prototype to be integrated and tested in the train control centre of the Bayerische Oberlandbahn.More details: https://zentrum-digitalisierung.bayern/8942-2/
Product consortia and outreach
Technical solutions for Smart Cities require technologies from various domains to be combined. But, the (municipal) customer needs the solution to be offered by one partner.
The ZD.B thus is engaged as a partner in the ESCP SmartCityTech. The modus operandi of this consortium is to provide integrated solutions, and give visibility to the SmartCity specialised companies in the consortium regions, and on international markets.
As one result, the startup EmmasBox is now selling their neighborhood storage system to the City of Munich.More details: https://www.nachrichten-muenchen.com/muenchens-erste-smarte-e-mobilitaetsstationen-in-betrieb/87494/
Energy companies and financial institutions are looking into incorporationg Distributed Ledger technologies (e.g. BlockChain) into their infrastructure. Alas, information on the technology or best practices are scarce.
To fill this need, ZD.B scouted Distributed Ledger companies, building knowledge and a community.
Capitalising on the community, in our Roadshow Blockchain event, technological foundations were presented, forerunner companies showcased their best practices, and DigitalLedger technologies had the possibility of contacting Venture Capitalists.More details: https://zentrum-digitalisierung.bayern/roadshow-blockchain-muenchen/
Number of employees
- Regional funding
State of Bavaria
Clusters within the Cluster-Offensive Bayern
Networked, cluster organization
Economic development agency
Networked, cluster organization
Economic development agency
- Micro and nano electronics, smart system integration
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Cyber physical systems (e.g. embedded systems)
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Cyber security (including biometrics)
- Advanced or High performance computing
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Augmented and virtual reality, visualization
- Cloud computing
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing)