AI4GALICIA: Artificial Intelligence for Galicia
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
CITIC- University of A Coruña
Universidade da Coruña. Campus de Elviña s/n 15071, A Coruña (Spain), 15071, A Coruna (Spain)
AI4GALICIA is a Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) whose mission is to increase the competitiveness of the Galician production sector by promoting and intensifying the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) by companies and other economic actors in the region.
AI4GALICIA is a NON-PROFIT organisation.
The specific objectives of AI4GALICIA are as follows:
- Integrate and encourage cooperation between the University of A Coruña, technology centres, business, industry and its associates, venture capital firms, state administration bodies and other relevant agents.
- Offer high added-value services in the areas of R&D, innovation management and technology transfer.
- Train students, professionals and companies in Artificial Intelligence techniques and solutions.
- Actively identify the challenges facing industry, the public sector and society.
- Encourage cooperation between DIH nationally and internationally by promoting joint actions and projects, providing services and exchanging knowledge and good practice.
AI4GALICIA has been created as part of the European Commission’s Digitising European Industry (DEI) initiative, aimed at promoting the digitisation of industry and related services across all sectors (https://ec.europa.eu/digital-
One of the core purposes of this initiative is to create Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH) across all European regions where companies (especially SMEs and start-ups) can find the infrastructures, expertise and advice they need to incorporate digital innovations into their production processes.
AI4GALICIA operates within the framework of the Connected Industry 4.0 programme created by the Spanish government (https://www.
AI4GALICIA is also part of the Smart Specialisation Strategy for Galicia (RIS3). Its contribution is centred around the three priorities contained in Challenge 2 of the strategy document: to support the diversification of economic driver sectors in Galicia; to strengthen the competitiveness of the Galician industrial sector; and to promote ICT in Galicia as a key enabling technology.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
Market and Services
- Agriculture, hunting and forestry
- Mining and quarrying
- Electricity, gas and water supply
- Wholesale and retail trade
- Hotels and restaurants
- Transport, storage and communication
- Real estate, renting and business activities
- Public administration and defence
- Health and social work
- Other community, social and personal service activities (media, entertainment, etc.)
- Manufacture of textiles and textile products
- Manufacture of leather and leather products
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Manufacture of transport equipment
- Other markets
- Financial intermediation
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- TRL9 - Actual system proven through successful mission operations
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Collaborative Researchs
- Concept validation and prototyping
- Testing and validation
- Pre-competitive series production
- Commercial infrastructure
- Digital Maturity Assessment
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Voice of the customer, product consortia
- Market intelligence
- Access to Funding and Investor Readiness Services
- Education and skills development
SMARTOM Project: Creation of an integrated management system for industrial tomato farming
Business consortium comprising::
- SOLTEL SOLUTIONS: C/ Leonardo Da Vinci, 13 , Sevilla (Spain),+34 955 087300
- AMBLING INGENIERÍA Y SERVICIOS: Av. Martín Palomino, 82, 10600 Plasencia (Spain), +34 927 90 42 26
- CARTOGALICIA: Rúa Oliveira nave 96B, 15895 Milladoiro - Ames (Spain), +34 981 55 42 01
- ACOPAEX: Agrupación de Cooperativas Agrarias de Extremadura: Ctra. Santa Amalia, 3, 06410 Badajoz (Spain), +34 924 83 00 15
- CTAEX: Ctra. Villafranco a Balboa, km 1,2, 06195 Villafranco del Guadiana, Badajoz (Spain), +34 924 44 80 77
Proyecto APIA (Airport Pavement Index Assesment)
The project is aimed at automating the detection of irregularities, potholes and other defects in airport pavement which may impede the safe functioning of the facility.
Use of AI
GHENOVA INGENIERÍA, S.L.
Carretera de la Esclusa, 11A, 2ª planta, Seville, España
Telf. +34 954990200
WATERSIG: Application of information technology to the integrated management of drinking water and sanitation services using big data and parallelisation strategies
The growing frequency of drought and flood events, coupled with rising city populations and damage to bodies of water, has made it necessary to improve the efficiency of our water cycle infrastructure.
The proliferation and falling cost of IoT sensors, allied with the new paradigm of Big Data, has created new opportunities to improve how water is managed and governed based on intensive use of data.
Design, development and experimental validation of an information system to improve water storage and sanitation infrastructure management using Big Data technology, artificial intelligence and software acceleration techniques.
Use of AI
The WaterSIG information system combines different Big Data and AI technologies in order to meet the needs of drinking water and sanitation networks, such as behaviour modelling, large-scale monitoring and identifying certain fault patterns.
Business consortium comprising:
- GRUPO PROYFE: Av. do Mar, 123, 15570 Narón (Spain), +34 981 33 30 44
- CyE: Av. do Mar, 123, 15570 Narón (Spain), +34 981 37 11 36
- TORUSWARE: Calle de las Cigarreras, 5, 15006 A Coruña (Spain), +34 981 97 82 86
(part of) Public organization (part of RTO, or university)
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- European Social Fund
- European Regional Development Fund
- National basic research funding
- National specific innovation funding
- Regional funding
- Private funding
- Partner resources
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- Start-up companies
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
- Research organisations
Fundación Instituto Tecnológico de Galicia (ITG)
Research & Technology organization
Cámara de comercio A Coruña
Chamber of Commerce
Corporación Hijos de Rivera, S.L.
Tecnologías Plexus S.L.
ABANCA Corporación Bancaria, S.A.
- Micro and nano electronics, smart system integration
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Cyber physical systems (e.g. embedded systems)
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Artificial Intelligence and cognitive systems
- Location based technologies (e.g. GPS, GIS, in-house localization)
- Interaction technologies (e.g. human-machine Interaction, motion recognition and language technologies)
- Cyber security (including biometrics)
- Advanced or High performance computing
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Augmented and virtual reality, visualization
- Simulation and modelling
- Software as a service and service architectures
- Cloud computing
- ICT management, logistics and business systems