NAVARDMIHub: Navarra Region Digital Manufacturing Innovation HUB Innovation HUB para la fabricación digital en Navarra. NAVARDMIHub
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Coordinator (Networked, cluster organization)
AIN - Industrial Transformation Cluster
Ctra Pamplona 1 (Ed. AIN), 31191, Cordovilla - Navarra (Spain)
As a resume, NAVARDMIHub has the aim to exploit the synergies and capabilities already organised in the Regional Innovation Ecosystem in Navarra, in terms of industrial innovation, effective technology transfer, business engagement and regional value chain activation tools as the Regional Digital Manufacturing Innovation (RDMI) Hub. NAVARDMIHub summarizes its activity and servicies, as follows:
Activity 1: Access to competence centres
Activity 2: Access to finance:One-stop-shop concept
Activity 3: Mentoring servicies
Activity 4: Tailored training
Outcome 1: Collaborative development and technological partnerships.
Outcome 2: Excellence ofr the solutions approach.
Outcome 3: Improved understanding of benefits and possibilities of IoT and CPPS.
Outcome 4: Matching industrial demands with tech developers.
Impact 1: Improve Regional Industry 4.0 Readiness Index by improving Innovation in SMEs.
Impact 2: Increase employment and competitiveness of manufacturing Industry in Navarra.
Impact 3: Development of new products and markets.
Def orma resumida, el principal objetivo del NAVARDMIHub es el de maximizar los resultados a partir de las sinergias y capacidades ya presentes en el Ecosistema de Innovación Regional en Navarra en términos de innovación industrial, transferencia de tecnología efectiva, involucración de empresas y aplicación de herramientas de activación de la cadena de valor regional, como Regional Digital Manufacturing Innovation (RDMI) Hub.
Nuestro HUB, presenta de forma esquemática su actividad y sus servicios de la siguiente manera:
Actividad 1: Acceso a los centros de competencia
Actividad 2: Acceso a financiación: concepto de ventanilla única
Actividad 3: Servicios de asesoramiento
Actividad 4: Formación personalizada
Resultado 1: Desarrollo en colaboración entre agentes y consorcios tecnológicos.
Resultado 2: Excelencia en el enfoque de las soluciones aportadas.
Resultado 3: Mejorar la comprensión de los beneficios y posibilidades de la implantación de IoT y CPPS.
Resultado 4: Adecuación de los desarrollos tecnológicos con las demandas de la industria.
Impacto 1: Mejorar el Índice Regional de Preparación de la Industria 4.0 a través de la mejora de la innovación en PYMES.
Impacto 2: Aumentar el empleo y la competitividad de la industria de fabricación en Navarra.
Impacto 3: Desarrollo de nuevos productos y mercados.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
NAVARDMIHub actively takes part:
- At Regional Level with one of the Thematic Priorities in the RIS3 Strategy through: Economic area "Automotive and Mechatronics" and the Competity factor "Industrial development".
ADItech is also part of one of the Steering Committees for the monitoring of the RIS3
- At National Level with Spanish Initiative "Industria Conectada 4.0" led by the Ministry.
NAVARDMIHub participated in two of the initiative proposed by Spanish Ministry: HADA and ACTIVA INDUSTRIA 4.0 directly with SMEs.
Nowadays, Maria Uresandi, representing ADItech and NAVARDMIHub, is part of the Executive Comission of the Working Group on DIH, formed by the Ministry.
- At European Level through I4MS Initiative, EU projects as BEinCPPS and strategic alliances with other DIH as AMLab in Hungary, Lower Austria, France, among others.
Market and Services
- Manufacture of food products, beverages and tobacco
- Manufacture of pulp, paper and paper products; publishing and printing
- Manufacture of chemicals, chemical products and man-made fibres
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products
- Manufacture of basic metals and fabricated metal products
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Manufacture of transport equipment
- Other Manufacturing
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Collaborative Researchs
- Pre-competitive series production
- Education and skills development
Data mining techniques on SCADA data to build predictive models of failure. DMWIND Project
Data mining techniques on SCADA data to build predictive models of failure. DMWIND Project
Client profile: A large company
This company sells, among other products, SCADAs for wind turbines and has been working for 4 years in the analysis of SCADA data for fault diagnosis. However, the developments of INGETEAM differ from the ones that will be developed in this project at the level of complexity and risk. So, the objectives of the research project are fully aligned with the objectives of INGETEAM with the advantage that they have the capacity to commercialize the results.
The aim of this project is the reduction of maintenance costs in wind turbines by incipient fault prediction using alternative techniques to the conventional ones. Instead of predictive maintenance by condition monitoring techniques which requires costly on-line equipment, the proposal tries to apply data mining techniques on SCADA data to build predictive models of failure. The project requires specific analytics techniques and tools to process a big amount of data generated by SCADA systems. AIN researchs about this topic with the regional funding support of the Government of Navarra through Tractor projects call. This research is aligned with the commercial strategy of INGETEAM POWER TECHNOLOGY. In case that the project success, AIN will transfer the results of the project to INGETEAM through a Technology Transfer contract. The final industrialization of the product (integration with the SCADA of INGETEAM, will be developed by INGETEAM).
Innovative system of artificial vision for the detection of defects in units defective by colour
Innovative system of artificial vision for the detection of defects in units defective by colour.
Client profile: Agrofood industry. Medium company that has identified this need for improving its production line.
The objective of the project is to develop an innovative system of artificial vision for the detection of defects in units defective by colour, shape or foreign objects for later automated separation of the production line. This industry is very conservative in the adoption of new technologies and requires higher rates of ROI on capital investment. There is however a plethora of new technologies whose sensitivity, specifity, cost and performance are beginning to align to the needs of this sector. Moreover, although there are some solutions to this problem on the market, they do not fully cover all the requirements that the sector is demanding. The project requires the search for solutions that go a step further in all aspects of product quality assessment by applying processing technologies framed within Deep Learning techniques and high-speed computing and by the use of new technologies of (Eg hyperspectral and THz). In this R&D project the collaboration between the competence centres of the HUB is carried out with the following structure: UPNA and AIN sharing knowledge and expertise. UPNA will develop a more basic research (proof of concept) about THz inspection and AIN a more applied research about new processing techniques and algorithms. The solution will consist on a new agro-machinery prototype to be marketed by another industrial partner (machinery developer) with a contract of technology transfer.
Projects and results dissemination
ADItech Technology Corporation as coordinator of the HUB and as the coordinator institution of the Navarra Regional Innovation Ecosystem and the Competence Centres offer:
- Maximisation of the impact of a project or initiative at a Regional level, by influencing and attracting other key institutions and stakeholders (technological and non-technological):
- ADItech is the Coordinator entity in all of the Collaborative Projects and Tractor Projects at Regional level.
- Management of dissemination activities focused on boosting participation of SMEs, and other entities along the value chain.
- Design and organisation of Prizes in technological fields to find innovative, realistic, focused on market and collaborative ideas and projects.
- Good Practices identification and evaluation.
- Identification and managing innovation and industry-driven projects focused on TRLs bridging the valley of death (Tractor Projects).
- Technology Transfer Plans. Identification of exploitable results, complementary analysis of IPR protection strategies and exploitation opportunities.
- Capacity for community building development and coordination of international networks
- Expertise in Innovation Policies, Regional Strategies, social innovation strategies.
- Training courses on Industry 4.0 topics
- Specific qualifications on Industry 4.0 topics
- Access to Digital Transformation Cluster
- On-demand services
Zero-defect manufacturing: M4M Project
M4M Project. Intelligent predictive Maintenance 4.0 for Manufacturing processes.
Companies profile: 2 SMEs
1 SME manufacturing machinery for an industrial sector.
1 SME from this industrial sector that has described the need to be solved and will be the early adopter of the new technology.
SME1 is the manufacturing SME that implement the machines that SME2 develops. SME2 is also a SME but in this case they activity is focused on machine manufacturing and design.
Descripction of the project:
Zero-defect manufacturing is one of the thematic fields in which NAVARDMI is working in. An example of the collaborative framework is the project M4M. In this project there are two SMEs involved. They have different and complementary technological approach and also complementary approach for industrial impacts in their activities.
So, in this collaborative project, SME2 learns about how to design the machines to be able to work in an Industry 4.0 environment and SME1 will implement this technology in its production line. The Institute of Smart Cities supports the activities of the project based on FIWARE Platforms and the implementation of the sensors in the process and the data analysis.
This project fixes well with the NAVARDMI vision and strategy in the three key aspects of: Technical implementation, market approach and the focus on business in a regional framework.
Public Private Partnership
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- Regional funding
- Partner resources
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
ADItech Technology Corporation
Institute Smart Cities - Universidad Pública de Navarra
Public University of Navarra
AIN Association of Industries of Navarra
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Cyber physical systems (e.g. embedded systems)
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Artificial Intelligence and cognitive systems
- Location based technologies (e.g. GPS, GIS, in-house localization)
- Advanced or High performance computing
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Simulation and modelling
- Software as a service and service architectures
- Cloud computing
- ICT management, logistics and business systems