Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (iED)
- Hub Name
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (iED)
- Local Name
- Evolutionary Stage
- In preparation
- Geographical Scope
The Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (iED) is a Greek Non-Governmental, not-for-profit Organisation committed to the promotion of innovation and the enhancing of the entrepreneurial spirit. By recognizing entrepreneurship as a crucial factor for the development and cohesion of societies, we conduct research and we are in position to provide innovative solutions that facilitate the growth of healthy entrepreneurship and promote employment.
In order to achieve our goal, we adopt an anthropocentric approach and cooperate with social, academic and business partners from Greece and abroad, aiming at producing and transferring know how, promoting entrepreneurial culture and enhancing the effectiveness and viability of enterprises.
Since 2005, the year of iED’s establishment, we have been oriented towards that direction and have implemented a wealth of actions and initiatives, making us a highly specialized organization in the following indicative fields of expertise:
Innovation, on-going consultancy, support and strategic visioning that all lead to the enhancing of the spirit of entrepreneurship.
Diagnosing the educational and training needs of individuals and groups, developing of training curricula and delivery of customized training courses.
Learning design and development, online applications, custom learning solutions and placing education and training in a virtual environment.
Start-up assistance, reliable business guidance through all stages of operation and custom made training solutions enhance the viability and potential of SMEs
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (iED)
- Year Established
- 169 Iroon Politechniou str, 41222, Larissa (Greece)
- Contact information
+30 2410 626943
- Organizational form
- (Part of) Private organization
- Number of employees
- Simulation, modelling and digital twins
- Internet services
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
In our fourteen-year long activation, we have participated among others in the planning, implementation and evaluation of more than 100 National and European projects. Our participation gave us also the opportunity to produce and collect a large number of innovative tools and products on all aspects of entrepreneurship and digital learning, available to be further processed and utilized.
IED's activities are in line with the National Strategy for Smart Specialisation (RIS3) and Thessaly's RIS3. IED develops and implements projects that respond to to current & future economic and social challenges, promotes intra- and inter-regional networking, disseminates knowledge and technological diversification.
LIVERUR aims to expand an extremely innovative business model called Living Labs among rural regions.The basis for the strategic development of a rural Living Lab is to establish an association of sustainable stakeholders; users, policy makers, businesses and researchers enter into agreements on the basis of which they can participate in a longer-term collaboration
Market and Services
- Community, social and personal service activities
- TRL1 - Basic principles observed and reported
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- TRL9 - Actual system proven through successful mission operations
- Awareness creation
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Collaborative Research
- Education and skills development
Digital Training Toolbox to FosteR EU'S IndusTry 4.0 RevoluTion (RESTART)
Project's contract code; 2017-1-ES01-KA202-038446
The project assesses the main skill shortages and barriers in the evolving 4.0 industry sector in Europe and promotes VET initiatives on digital skills by designing updated training courses that focus on the uptake of Industry 4.0 digital skills. It also aims to provide e-leadership skills to students, workers and managers that will lead to better employment and career opportunities and make companies more competitive and innovative. Finally, it fosters the Europe-wide recognition of these skills through the use of ECVET.
Entrepreneurship, employability and enterprising in a digital and gaming environment
Project's contract code; 2017-1-BE02-KA202-034806
The project “entrepreneurship, employability and enterprising in a digital and gaming environment”, or Triple E-dge, enhances the digital skills of people who are in one way or another involved in the world of enterprise, as well as their trainers, as they are the ones who first instill these skills and also help employers in identifying the digital skills that are pertinent in their sector. This is made possible through the development of serious gaming, an innovative and fresh educational tool.
PUSH - Pop-Up Shop Helper
Project's contract code; 2017‐1‐IE01‐KA202‐025699
During the project, a training course is developed for the target group, with a unique and innovative focus on the journey from Creative to Commercialization.
Also, a gamified e-learning platform will be developed with an innovative way to engage distant learners in the training procedure. Once ready, participants will have the opportunity to participate in an event and to acquire extra knowledge through the procedure.
TransForm@ - Game based learning course to boost digital transformation of rural commerce sector
Project's contract code; 2016‐1‐ES01‐KA202‐025335
- “Training on e-Commerce in rural areas” , an online training course on e-commerce available for VET trainers and students, especially in areas like trade and marketing, business management, handicraft, agriculture;
- “e-Commerce in rural areas serious game”, an online game, based on an international and cooperative approach, mainly directed to VET students but also available for trainers, youth workers and job counselors.
- Number of customers annually
- Type of customers
- Start-up companies
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- Research organisations
Last updated: 04/01/19 12:58