You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
101 rue du general Leclerc, 02100, Saint-Quentin (France)
Faubourg Numérique is a non-profit organization created by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Faubourg Numérique acts as Living & Learning Lab to foster open innovation in the area of Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine Learning. Faubourg Numérique leads the local Saint-Quentin French Tech startup network and is initiator of the Open & Agile Smart Cities french network (OASC France). Faubourg Numérique (IoT Booster) is also recognized as Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) by the FIWARE foundation (managing FIWARE IoT open source technology).
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
The activities of the hub are well aligned with the French national initiative for digitising industry, Alliance Industrie du Futur.
Participation to EC funded projects related to digitalisation:
Faubourg Numérique was partner in IoT-EPI (https://iot-epi.eu/), a European Initiative for IoT platform development (funded under H2020)
The IoT-European Platforms Initiative (IoT-EPI) was formed to build a vibrant and sustainable IoT-ecosystem in Europe, maximising the opportunities for platform development, interoperability and information sharing.
Seven leading research and innovation projects make their technology accessible to 3rd parties. In addition, strong support & funding structure (open calls, workshops) fosters further collaboration.
Faubourg Numérique is part of iHub.eu (FP7), hubs all across Europe to push technology into profitable services. FIWARE is here to facilitate the move forward. Based on our experience as Google Developer Group and regional hackathons organizer, Faubourg Numérique organizes events and incentives around the FIWARE technologies and opportunities in order to stimulate the local developer community and business creation.
Faubourg Numérique is partner in the Interreg 2 seas project SCIFI. This smart city project aims at activating the market for innovative solutions to improve public service delivery using data. Cities collaborate on identifying shared challenges in mobility, energy and environment. They jointly explore innovative procurement methods to work with businesses in developing data-based solutions, implementing them in living labs, and demonstrating the value of opening data.
Market and Services
- Agriculture, hunting and forestry
- Electricity, gas and water supply
- Wholesale and retail trade
- Transport, storage and communication
- Real estate, renting and business activities
- Public administration and defence
- Health and social work
- Other community, social and personal service activities (media, entertainment, etc.)
- Manufacture of food products, beverages and tobacco
- Manufacture of textiles and textile products
- Manufacture of leather and leather products
- Manufacture of wood and wood products
- Manufacture of pulp, paper and paper products; publishing and printing
- Manufacture of coke, refined petroleum products and nuclear fuel
- Manufacture of chemicals, chemical products and man-made fibres
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products
- Manufacture of basic metals and fabricated metal products
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Manufacture of transport equipment
- Other Manufacturing
- Other markets
- TRL1 - Basic principles observed and reported
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- TRL9 - Actual system proven through successful mission operations
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Concept validation and prototyping
- Testing and validation
- Pre-competitive series production
- Digital Maturity Assessment
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Voice of the customer, product consortia
- Access to Funding and Investor Readiness Services
- Education and skills development
Open Innovation Program
Le "sprint des innovations numériques": is an open innovation program for project owners and SMEs with needs to improve their products/processes/services.
The fundamental principle of the program is open-mindedness and peer-to-peer exchange - from entrepreneur to entrepreneur.
This support program, conceived by Faubourg Numérique, aimes at stimulating innovation and the digital transition of small businesses and SMEs in all sectors of activity and aims to accelerate and secure projects or business challenges by offering a dedicated approach to support the development, financing and deployment of innovative products, processes and services based on digital technologies.
17 projects have entered this years program.
More details: https://www.innosprint.fr/
Faubourg Numériques stimulates the creation and contributes to the take off of startups. Some examples of support we provided to startups:
- Hostabee (http://hostabee.com/) - Precision Agriculture
Faubourg Numérique helped Hostabee in getting fundings to develop their solutions and helped in their upscaling activities:
Hostabee has been funded by the FIWARE FIC3 Accelerator and has been selected to participate to Smart City Expo in Barcelona on the FIWARE booth:
Hostabee won the first prize Hack DLD Startup Challenge in Tel Aviv, also won the prize of the best use case of Artificial Intelligence: http://hackdld.bemyapp.com/
And was present at the CES Las Vegas 2017:
Hostabee has been selected by IBM to join the Scale Zone to build up partnership: https://www.ibm.com/connect/ibm/access/msphub/fr/fr/scale_zone.html
Thanks to this program Hostabee has partnered with Sigfox to deploy the LPWAN and Hostabee business case in California ( 5000 B-Keep devices ordered for pollination business):
- Influvisio (http://influvisio.fr/) - Industry 4.0
Faubourg Numérique helped this startup in the technical development of their solution and in their outreach activities:
With support of Faubourg Numérique Influvisio won the Matra challenge that allowed to advance their prototype.
Faubourg Numérique developed together with Influvisio an Open Innovation program for Tereos to integrate the solution of Influvisio- A three contract with this group was the result.
- Wave (http://faubourgnumerique.com/index.php/2018/06/21/when-ancient-craft-meets-tech-wave-a-new-successstory/) - Craft
Faubourg Numérique supported Wave in the launch of their company (creation company), technical development of their solution and getting the first financings via the Challenge Etudiant in Saint-Quentin.
Wave won with the support of Faubourg Numérique an acceleration for cultural and creative entrepreneurs by Louvre Lens Vallée on the IoT Challenge 2018 (CITC, Lille) and the first prize in the Challenge Innovation 2018 (Saint-Quentin).
Education and Technology transfer
Knowledge transfer is an import pillar for Faubourg Numérique: Preparing the right profils for the jobs of tomorrow (and today!) will help kickstart innovation. Some examples of our actions in this field:
- Bilbot lab
BilBot is the name for the robotic kits and educational support created together with PFT Innovaltech. These kits are being used within schools, trainings and R&D purposes.
Especially at schools Bilbot helps to make learning more fun, creates interest in more technical courses (also for girls) and combines various knowledge tracks (programming, electronics, 3D modelling, english, data analistics, cloudcomputing).
Faubourg Numériques animates this tool to the various target groups to accelerate the uptake of technology.
- POP School IoT Maker
Pop School is a ‘2nd chance’ school that permits the reconversion of atypical profils towards the digital world in a very short period of time, certificates included. Faubourg Numérique helped to set-up and accommodate in Saint-Quentin the new IoT section (IoT Maker).
- Workshop, meetups, hackathons
Faubourg Numérique organises regarly technical sessions at its premises or offsite (machinelearning, arduino, FIWARE, open data). Faubourg Numérique is hosting as well the activities of the Google Developers Group
More details: http://faubourgnumerique.com/
Access to ecosystems
Faubourg Numérique is leading the local “French Tech” network (Saint-Quentin French Tech) that aims to foster the take off of startups. An ecosystem that supports french IoT startups to obtain an international dimension.
Faubourg Numérique has initiated and is the coordinator of Open & Agile Smart Cities France, which is part of the global Open & Agile Smart Cities initiative. The mission of this initiative is to create an open smart city market based on the needs of cities and communities. OASC aims to kickstart the use of a shared set of ways to develop systems once for multiple cities and make them interoperable between cities, and within a city. A Smart City needs solutions that can be implemented with respect for local practices and job creation. Furthermore, comparability, easy sharing of best practices, and avoiding vendor lock-in is necessary to enhance a Smart City: OASC, thus, provides linkage – to cities all over the world – and advocates de facto standards for participating cities.
Fiware iHub IoT Booster of Faubourg Numérique organize events and incentives around the FIWARE technologies and opportunities in order to stimulate the local developer community. Faubourg Numérique aims to host local projects and SME’s willing to mutualize a part of their needs and experiences about FIWARE technologies and opportunities.
Faubourg Numérique is member of iHub.eu (funded by FP7), hubs all across Europe to push technology into profitable services. FIWARE is here to facilitate the move forward. Based on our experience as Google Developer Group and regional hackathons organizer, Faubourg Numérique organizes events and incentives around the FIWARE technologies and opportunities in order to stimulate the local developer community and business creation.More details: http://faubourgnumerique.com/
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- European Regional Development Fund
- Regional funding
- Private funding
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- Start-up companies
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
Research & Technology organization
City of Saint-Quentin
CCI Aisne (chamber of commerce)
Chamber of Commerce
Lycée des metiers de l'ameublement
Sylpheo Renault Nissan
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Broadband and other communication networks (e.g. 5G)
- Cyber physical systems (e.g. embedded systems)
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Artificial Intelligence and cognitive systems
- Location based technologies (e.g. GPS, GIS, in-house localization)
- Interaction technologies (e.g. human-machine Interaction, motion recognition and language technologies)
- Data mining, big data, database management
- Augmented and virtual reality, visualization
- Software as a service and service architectures
- Cloud computing
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing)
- ICT management, logistics and business systems