RECENDT - Research Center for Non-Destructive Testing GmbH
You need an EU Login account for request proposals for editions or creations of new hubs. If you already have an ECAS account, you don't have to create a new EU Login account.
In EU Login, your credentials and personal data remain unchanged. You can still access the same services and applications as before. You just need to use your e-mail address for logging in.
If you don't have an EU Login account please use the following link. you can create one by clicking on the Create an account hyperlink.
If you already have a user account for EU Login please login via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
Coordinator (Research & Technology organization)
RECENDT – Research Center for Non Destructive Testing GmbH, Upper Austrian Research GmbH
Altenberger Strasse 69, Science Park 2, 4040, Linz (Austria)
RECENDT, the Research Center for Non Destructive Testing GmbH is a non-university based research company in Austria.
Although being an RTO company, RECENDT is (owned by the University, the University of applied science and the Upper Austrian Research) a non-profit organization dedicated to research and to making the research results available for companies of all sizes and from all industrial branches.
As an internationally well recognized Research Center for Materials Characterization and Non-Destructive Testing & Measurement, RECENDT operates very successfully on the Austrian and international market since 2009.
RECENDT gained internationally acknowledged reputation as partner as well as coordinator in numerous national, EU- and international projects. The company is well established as a popular partner for local SMEs as well as multinational enterprises.
Fundamental Research & Industrial Solutions:
Our range of services incorporates the whole R&D process chain and stretches from application-oriented fundamental research to the development of state-of-the-art technology for industrial applications.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
RECENDT is linked to or member in various national activities for digitising industry:
- The national platform for Industry 4.0 - https://plattformindustrie40.at/
- The LIT-Factory at the JKU Linz - https://www.jku.at/en/linz-institute-of-technology/research/open-innovation-center/lit-factory/
- The Pro2Future - Research Center in Austria - http://www.pro2future.at
- The CHASE - Research Center in Austria, based at the JKU - https://www.ffg.at/sites/default/files/allgemeine_downloads/strukturprogramme/comet_centre_k1c5_factsheet_chase_en_1fp.pdf
Besides those national platforms, RECENDT is also partner in the European Photonics21 and SusChem - backed by playing an active role in the national Photonics Austria (https://www.photonics-austria.at/) and SusChem-AT (http://www.suschem.at)
RECENDT has a long track-record in participation in European funded projects. Some of the recent are FLOIM (http://www.floimproject.eu/), Join'EM (http://www.join-em.eu/), COMBILASER (http://www.combilaser.eu/) and ACCURATe (http://www.accurate-project.eu/).
With our activities in cooparation with industry and SMEs, we are adressing all S3 Priorities in Upper Austria:
(*) Industrial production processes (cf. http://www.pssp.at)
(*) Energy (energy efficiency in manufacturing)
(*) Health and ageing society (personalised diagnostics)
(*) Food and nutrition (cf. http://www.ffoqsi.at)
(*) Mobility and logistics (lightweight construction)
Market and Services
- Agriculture, hunting and forestry
- Transport, storage and communication
- Public administration and defence
- Health and social work
- Manufacture of food products, beverages and tobacco
- Manufacture of pulp, paper and paper products; publishing and printing
- Manufacture of coke, refined petroleum products and nuclear fuel
- Manufacture of chemicals, chemical products and man-made fibres
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products
- Manufacture of basic metals and fabricated metal products
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of electrical and optical equipment
- Other Manufacturing
- TRL2 - Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL3 - Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof of concept
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- TRL8 - Actual system completed and qualified through test and demonstration
- Collaborative Researchs
Measurements enabling Digitalisation
Basic approach: The key role of RECENDT is, to provide Real-time Process- and Product-knowledge ("situation awareness") in order to enable for Digitalisation-based Optimization of the production-/manufacturing-processes!
Specific example: In the project "PSSP - Photonic Sensing for Smarter Processes", involving a big consortium (details cf. website), we provide information from manufacturing processes in order to enable the companies to make those processes smarter. Smart means, to produce better quality and output figures with less input in terms of energy, time, manpower, raw materials or efforts. Early in-line integrated non-destructive inspection (metal parts, viscose fibres, polymers, chemicals, ...) helps to take countermeasures against any deviations as early as possible.
A specific task in the project is the development of techniques and strategies for compressed sensing, meaning, to get more information out of fewer (sparse) raw measurement data. This approach targets exactly the industrial needs.More details: http://www.pssp.at
NDT enabling Big-Data
Basic approach: We are providing NDT - Non-Destructive Testing. This key-feature of being "non-destructive" enables to take a vast amount of measurements from single products through complex production processes. And all this measured data represents a huge wealth of information about the process, which can be used for the long-term optimization of the entire process.
Specific example: together with a company, manufacturing parts for automive industry, we develop a NDT-solution to perform 100% inspection of parts. In a close collaboration with a specialized software provider we work to deliver a fully automated system for automated multi-modal inspection of the parts to derive trends and their root-causes in the production process and to take countermeasures against potential quality issues even before those arise.More details: https://www.k-pac.at/files/recendt/Downloads/07_PAC_TO_SCCH_ChemSaaS_web.pdf
Measurement Services for Industry & SMEs
RECENDT regularly acts as a first contact point for industry and SMEs to perform lab-measurements with our existing equipment. Those services can either be one-time support of those partners with the application of our non-destructive testing techniques or they can be the first step (e.g., feasibility study) towards a collaboration to develop a customized solution for the partner.
PAT enabling Digitalisation
Basic approach: PAT (Process Analytical Technologies) deliver chemical information / knowledge about your production processes and products in Real Time. This makes it the tool for Digitalisation-based Optimization of those Processes.
Specific example: In the national funded K-project "PAC" (details cf. website) we inplemented various PAT-solutions in processes - ranging from beer brewery to oil & gas industry, steelmaking and pharma production. The PAT-solutions provide real-time measurements on, e.g., concentrations or degree of completion of chemical processing (cooking...). Based on those, the process automation can, e.g., implement optimized dosing of chemicals or derive the optimized time for stopping for example a heating process.More details: http://www.k-pac.at
(part of) Public organization (part of RTO, or university)
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- European Regional Development Fund
- National basic research funding
- National specific innovation funding
- Regional funding
- Private funding
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- Start-up companies
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
- Research organisations
- Sensors, actuators, MEMS, NEMS, RF
- Photonics, electronic and optical functional materials
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing)
- Laser based manufacturing