S2E has produced Quantitative and Qualitative information for EU13 countries and regions:
- National and Regional Facts and Figures
Centred on information from the EU's 7th Framework Programme and Structural Funds dedicated to research and innovation to facilitate the creation of synergies. These Facts and Figures documents include key regional characteristics, the regional specialisation areas, and the identification of the key regional players and the main European organisations collaborating with the region.
- S2E Country Reports
Provide further analysis on selected policy issues that affect optimal use and the combination of key EU funds for R&I. These country reports also offer specific country policy suggestions aiming to tackle the weaknesses identified in the analysis.
|Country||National Facts & Figures||Regional Information||S2E Country Report|
|BG Facts & Figures||BG Regional Annex||BG Country Report|
|CROATIA||HR Facts & Figures||n/a||HR Country Report|
|CYPRUS||CY Facts & Figures||n/a||CY Country Report|
|CZECH REPUBLIC||CZ Facts & Figures||CZ Regional Annex||CZ Country Report|
|ESTONIA||EE Facts & Figures||n/a||EE Country Report|
|HUNGARY||HU Facts & Figures||HU Regional Annex||HU Country Report|
|LATVIA||LV Facts & Figures||n/a||LV Country Report|
|LITHUANIA||LT Facts & Figures||n/a||LT Country Report|
|MALTA||MT Facts & Figures||n/a||MT Country Report|
|POLAND||PL Facts & Figures||PL Regional Facts & figures||PL Country Report|
|ROMANIA||RO Facts & Figures||RO Regional Annex||RO Country Report|
|SLOVAKIA||SK Facts & Figures||SK Regional Annex||SK Country Report|
|SLOVENIA||SI Facts & Figures||SI Regional Annex||SI Country Report|
Further Country and Region S2E Information:
- Joint Statements were were prepared in 2015 and 2016 to cover the main issues under the different topics arising at National Events. Co-organized by JRC and respective national authorities, these sought to provide a better understanding of MS innovation ecosystem, raising awareness of the actions needed to enable synergies and drawing lessons for the future actions:
- Joint Statement of the National Event of BULGARIA
- Joint Statement of the National Event of CROATIA
- Joint Statement of the National Event of CZECH REPUBLIC
- Joint Statement of the National Event of ESTONIA
- Joint Statement of the National Event of HUNGARY
- Joint Statement of the National Event of LATVIA
- Joint Statement of the National Event of LITHUANIA
- Joint Statement of the National Event of POLAND
- Joint Statement of the National Event of ROMANIA
- Joint Statement of the National Event of SLOVAKIA
- Joint Statement of the National Event of SLOVENIA
More Country and Region S3 Information:
Contacts, RIS3, etc. are available from the respective S3P registered Countries and Regions pages.
More Country information:Country analysis is provided on The Research and Innovation Observatory – Horizon 2020 Policy Support Facility Service tools.
JRC has developped a tool to visualise and compare Research & Innovation investments under different funding channels and EU programmes across EU Regions:
- The R&I Regional Viewer (ESTAT/ ESIF/ H2020 data) comprises three sets of data:
Planned R&I-related investments under ESIF - Planned R&I-related investments in European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) comprising ERDF, ESF, CF and YEI funding programmes over the period 2014-2020. Regional data include the thematic allocation at the regional level under regional Operational Programmes plus the (estimated) region's share of national, multi-regional and transnational cooperation programmes.
Horizon 2020 funding captured by stakeholders across EU Regions - Horizon 2020 indicators are based on the amount of funding allocated to beneficiaries in the regions. The regionalisation of data may be affected by a headquarter effect (HQE) in some Member States due to the difference between the (physical) location of the actual research performer and the (legal) location of the beneficiaries' headquarter (this problem affects in particular large public research organisations).