- Smart Specialisation Platform on Agri-Food Working Committee Semi-annual Meeting, Seinajoki (Finland) - June 11, 2018
- Kick-off meeting of the REGIONS 4FOOD project approved under the 3rd Call of Interreg Europe Programme. Malaga (Spain) - June 21-22, 2018
- Smart Agrifood Summit. It is a leading event in the creation of innovative ecosystems in the European agri-food sector, which takes place at the Trade Fair and Congress Center of Malaga, organised by the European Foundation for Innovation and Technology Application (INTEC) and the Convention Centre of Malaga (FYCMA) - June 20-22, 2018
- H2orizon. Water Innovation and Technology Exhibition, Seville (Spain), 19-21 September, 2018
- AgriData Summit, Cordoba (Spain) – November 20-21, 2018
About the Partnership
The thematic partnership aims at encouraging, motivating and facilitating the incorporation of necessary digital technologies and data application in agri-food sector value chains.
To focus and to foster a rich debate in which the proposals of the interested regions can be integrated in the project a work programme will be built around a number of specific topics. To develop each topic, it is suggested to start from a common foundation based on the overall opportunities for the agri-food sector:
- More complete and trusted information available to consumers.
- Smart information systems for companies and the public administration.
- Territorial cooperation as basis for the transfer of technology and research outcomes, experiences, research staff and between companies, in those regions that are interested in this topic.
- The shared value that will generate added value in all stages of the chain that will have an impact on the rest of phases and in society and the territories at large.
- Improvement of business competitiveness, resilience and sustainability and creation of new businesses.
WA1: Lifecycles of the value chain.
WA2: Smart monitoring of the value chain to improve the overall competitiveness of the Agri-Food sector.
WA3: Incorporating consumer experience & different operators in food chain decision making processes.
WA4: Open data, interoperability, data governance and information security, cyber security.
ASSOCIATED MEMBERS (commitment of centres of expertise, technology transfer and research)
- Wageningen University (NL)
- CENSE (PO)
- Ribatejo Cluster (PO)
- Basilicata Cluster (IT)
- Northern Ireland Cluster (UK)
- INOVISA (PO)
- Greenport West-Holland (NL)
Ricardo Domínguez García Baquero -Regional Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development of Andalusia (Viceminister), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Judit Anda Ugarte - Regional Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development of Andalusia (Technical Advisor of Vice Minister), Email: email@example.com
Additional information and documents
Conclusions of the 1st Technical Meeting of the Thematic Partnership (Seville, 28-29 March 2017)
13 March 2018: Approval of the REGIONS 4FOOD project in the 3rd Interreg Europe Call for proposals.
7 regions of the S3P T&BD will participate in the project with the overall objective of improving the implementation of regional policy instruments oriented to maximise the innovative potential of all actors of the food value chain through ICTs.
7 December 2017: S3P T&BD selected by the Commission to pilot Interregional Innovation Projects (List of Selected partnerships) with the aim to:
- Commercialise and scale-up interregional innovation projects that can create or reshape European value chains.
- Attract private investment for promising innovation projects.
- Explore and strengthen synergies between different EU instruments (Cohesion Policy funds, the Investment Plan, Horizon 2020).
1-2 June 2017: SMARTER REGIONS 2.0 CONFERENCE, HELSINKI (FINLAND)
The S3P Agri-food on Traceability and Big data took part in the Smart Regions 2.0 Conference in Helsinki on 1-2 June. On 1 June the thematic partnership gave a presentation during parallel session 2C: Investing in agri-food and is playing an active in the subsequent structured group discussions. On 2 June the thematic partnership organised an open networking / matchmaking event to assess the state of the play and progress made in the partnership since the 1st Technical Meeting held in Seville in March 2017.
The Partnership offered the following reflections after the event in Helsinki:
'The Helsinki event allowed different members of our partnership to share experiences with different origins and with different objectives, but all of them playing an important role in the European thematic connection. This issue is extremely important since sharing strategies will allow us to achieve a more solid objective, where the need for mutual learning and shared development is taken into consideration.'
Further information and documents:
Building up partnerships leading to investment - Cecilia Gañán de Molina
S3P Agrifood TBD Work Plan_20170608
Parallel session 2c_Traceability and Big Data - Esperanza Perea
Relational Capital - Cecilia Gañán de Molina
28-29 March 2017: FIRST TECHNICAL MEETING OF THEMATIC PARTNERSHIP 'TRACEABILITY AND BIG DATA'
The first technical meeting of the thematic partnership on Traceability and Big data took place in Seville (Spain) on 28th and 29th March. The thematic partnership intends to facilitate the incorporation of the relevant digital technologies and data application in new and existing agri-food sector value chains. Over 100 participants attended the event in Seville. Further information about the event can be found on this page.