The following are current Thematic Areas, already proposed by different regional partnerships.
- Thematic Areas on Advanced manufacturing for energy applications in harsh environments
- Interregional cooperation on innovative use of non-food Biomass
- Efficient and Sustainable Manufacturing
- High Performance Production through 3D-Printing
- New Nano-Enabled Products
- Smart Regional Investments in Textile Innovation
- Incorporation of SMEs to the Industry 4.0 paradigm and their assimilation of specialised digital services.
- Production performance monitoring system
The first 5 were developed under 2014's Vanguard Initiative and are now part of the Smart Specialisation Platform for Industrial Modernisation.
Regions interested in joining any of these partnerships should directly contact the representative of the Thematic Area’s leading region.