The roadmap addresses five key issues:
- Organising MRE coordination and planning for energy and maritime affairs
- Supporting projects off the coast of Brittany
- Supporting the sector’s economic and industrial dynamic
- Investing in the infrastructure required to cater for MRE, particularly creation of an MRE terminal in the port of Brest
- Raising the international profile of the region’s MRE offering.
The roadmap sets a very ambitious goal: planning and installing 2 GW of additional capacity by 2030, thus covering more than 33 % of Brittany's electricity consumption in 2030. This will be achieved through:
- 3 floating wind farms by 2030 (1.5 GW) with 3 GW of exploitable potential, to be developed in 2 large geographical zones off the northwest and southwest coasts of Brittany (consultation ongoing)
- 2 tidal stream parks (0.6 GW) with 2.2 GW of exploitable potential, to be developed in 2 zones off the west and north coasts of Brittany (consultation ongoing)
- 2 offshore wind farms (one of which is under construction - 0.5 GW) in northeast Brittany.