Agri Sud Ouest Innovation Agri Sud Ouest Innovation
Agri Sud Ouest Innovation
8 Chemin de la Crouzette, 31 320, Auzeville-Tolosane (France)
Agri Sud-Ouest Innovation is a French "pôle de compétitivité" dedicated to innovation in the agri-food sector in southwestern France. ASOI has a staff made of 17 people and gathers some 400 members, mostly SMEs and mid-caps, laboratories, research centres and institutions.
The Strategic Research Agenda of ASOI relies on three main priorities:
- Develop agro-refineries and enhance overall agricultural production, such as bioplastics,
- Improve production system efficiency, for example in agricultural machinery or precision farming,
- Optimise eco-efficiency production inputs, for example with biocontrol products or biostimulants
Agri Sud-Ouest Innovation spreads on the large perimeter of the south-west part of France (Regions Nouvelle-Aquitaine and Occitanie), where the diversity of farm productions is important, regarding both vegetal and animal productions. Concerning crops, the cluster unite excellence competences from public and private research centers on vine and wine, fruit and vegetables, sunflower, corn and soy, including the European leader seeds companies and some rising SMEs in the ICT, biotechnologies and biocontrol sectors.
The core activities of ASOI rely on:
- the emergence of innovative ideas through the regular organization of creative events (innovation clubs, creativity sessions, hackathons) and thematic workshops or seminars (~ 20 events organized every year),
- the construction of innovative project with companies. ASOI provides an overview of funding possibilities at regional, national or European level, boost consortium dynamics, provide project engineering expertise and gives a label to projects fulfilling excellence criteria based on innovation aspects and economic and social spill-overs (~50 collaborative projects awarded every year)
-the support to companies to bring the innovation to the market: expertise in IP, business models, strategic intelligence, prospective missions on international markets (~100 SMEs supported every year).
Agri Sud-Ouest Innovation is a GOLD-labelled cluster (Cluster Management Excellence Label) since 2012.
Le Pôle de compétitivité Agri Sud-Ouest Innovation répond aux enjeux de demain. Il offre aux chefs d’entreprises et aux chercheurs un processus unique pour construire des projets collaboratifs de recherche et développement.
Ces projets aboutissent à des produits concrets qui répondent aux nouveaux besoins des consommateurs en permettant aux entreprises de créer de la valeur et de l’emploi sur les territoires.
Link to national or regional initiatives for digitising industry
Agri Sud-Ouest Innovation is leader of the project DIVA (Innosup 2018-2021) devoted to promote innovative digital solutions in the ago-food sector. www.projectdiva.eu
The activities of the hub are well aligned with the French national initiative for digitising industry, Alliance Industrie du Futur.
Market and Services
- Agriculture, hunting and forestry
- Manufacture of food products, beverages and tobacco
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment
- TRL4 - Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL5 - Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL6 - System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- TRL7 - System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- Awareness creation
- Ecosystem building, scouting, brokerage, networking
- Visioning and Strategy Development for Businesses
- Incubator/accelerator support
- Access to Funding and Investor Readiness Services
Support to compagnies in the development of their new products or services after the R&D phase
Support to compagnies to facilitate B2B meetings within the DIH network. Relies on B2B meetings sessions organised by the DIH or direct contacts facilitated by the officers of the DIH
Support for the construction of innovation project in response to Regional, National or European call for projects.
Public Private Partnership
Number of employees
- Horizon 2020
- European Regional Development Fund
- National specific innovation funding
- Regional funding
- Private funding
Number of customers annually
Type of customers
- Start-up companies
- SMEs (<250 employees)
- MidCaps (between €2-10 billion turnover)
- Large companies, multi-nationals
- Research organisations
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Internet of Things (e.g. connected devices, sensors and actuators networks)
- Simulation and modelling