Exploiting synergies across EU, regional and national funds for Smart Specialisation: Health and Sustainable Manufacturing in Puglia
The event discussed, from the perspective of the Apulia regions, how to exploit synergies between the Regional OP, the National funding opportunities and those offered by the EC. As well as presentations from national and international experts, the event included a participatory exercise with stakeholders to practically explore how to exploit synergies.
An event report summarising the outcome of the day is available here.
Agenda and Presentations
11th July, Bari
HOTEL MERCURE VILLA ROMANAZZI CARDUCCI
Via Capruzzi 326 – 70124 (Bari)
09:00 – 09:30 Registration and Welcome coffee
09:30 – 10:30 Plenary Session 1 - Setting the Scene
Chair: Domenico Laforgia
- Welcome remarks - Domenico Laforgia, Direttore Dipartimento Sviluppo economico, Innovazione, Istruzione, Formazione e Lavoro, Regione Puglia.
- RIS3 support in lagging regions - Mark Boden, Project Leader, DG JRC, European Commission.
- Smart Puglia 2020 - Adriana Agrimi, Head of Research and Innovation, Regione Puglia; Paolo Casalino, Head of Regione Puglia Brussels Office
- Invitalia - Luigi Gallo, Head of Innovation and Competitiveness
10:30 – 11: 30 Plenary Session 2 - Synergies between EU Funds
Chair: Elisabetta Marinelli
- Stairway to Excellence - Andrea Conte, Project Leader, DG JRC, European Commission.
- Practical Insights on Synergies between EU Funds - Annamaria Zonno, DG RTD, European Commission
- Examples of synergies in Baden-Wuerttemberg - Magdalene Häberle - Head of Division 77, ERDF Governance, Ministry for Finances and Economics Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Presentation of the participatory exercise – Elisabetta Marinelli, DG-JRC
11:30 – 12:00 Coffee break
12:00 -13:30 Parallel working-tables - Presentations and participatory exercise
The parallel working tables will include a presentation and a structured participatory exercise. Presenters from the plenary sessions are required to move across working tables
1) Enhancing socio-economic partnership to exploit synergies
Moderator: Elisabetta Marinelli, DG JRC, European Commission
Rapporteur: Paolo Casalino, Regione Puglia
2) Opportunities from Synergies in the Health sector
Moderator: Andrea Conte, DG JRC, European Commission
Rapporteur: Marco Di Ciano, Innova Puglia
3) Opportunities from Synergies in Sustainable Manufacturing
Moderator: Anna Maria Zonno, DG RTD, European Commission
Presenter/Rapporteur: Nicoletta Picone, CNR IITA
Expert Support: Serena Borgna, APRE
13-30 – 14:30 Lunch break
14:30 – 15:30 Parallel working-tables - Participatory exercise
The working tables resume, finish the template whilst the experts change tables.
Andrea Conte and Anna Maria Zonno swap moderating tables.
15:30 – 15:45 Coffee break
15:45 -16:15 Reporting to the plenary and discussion
Paolo Casalino, Regione Puglia
Marco Di Ciano, Innova Puglia
Nicoletta Picone, CNR
16:15 – 16:30 Conclusions and ways forward
Adriana Agrimi, Regione Puglia
Mark Boden, European Commission
Andrea Conte, European Commission