2nd Project Development Lab (PDL) in REMTh
Pilot calls for proposals for the implementation of the REMTh Smart Specialisation Strategy were also presented by the Special Managing Authority of the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace and discussed during this event.
Agenda and Presentations
09:00 – 09:30 Registration – Welcome coffee
09:30 – 11:00
• Welcome - George Pavlides, Regional Governor of Eastern Macedonia- Thrace
• Welcome - Petros Soukoulias, President of Innovation Council of Eastern Macedonia – Thrace Region
• Welcome – Mark Boden, Joint Research Centre, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies
• RIS3 for the Region: Why and which are the next steps? - Georgios Peroulakis, D.G. Regio.G.5 – Greece and Cyprus
• Introduction to the project and its context – Elisabetta Marinelli, Joint Research Centre, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies
• Linkages of Regional and National RIS3 – Dr. Christos Vasilakos, Senior Researcher – National Centre for Scientific Research “DEMOKRITOS”, former General Secretary for Research and Technology (GSRT)
• RIS3 Strategy for Eastern Macedonia and Thrace: setting priorities &related ROP calls – Vasileios Pitsinigkos, Special Managing Authority of the Operational Programme of Eastern Macedonia – Thrace Region
11:00 – 11:30 Coffee break
11:30 – 13:45
• Thematic Objective 1 Pilot Calls (R & D & I, Technology Transfer), &
• Thematic Objective 3 Pilot Calls (SMEs Competitiveness & Support to Entrepreneurship) Kostas Kokkinoplitis, Research & Innovation Strategy Experts
This session will involve a presentation and discussion around the first set of
Pilot Calls of the Operational Programme of Eastern Macedonia – Thrace Region,
which were drafted, based on project-ideas from recent EDP Workshops.
Key stakeholders: Entrepreneurs, SME’s Business Associations, Chambers,
SMEs and Big Enterprises with research activity, HEIs/PROs, Consultants.
13:45 – 14:30 Networking lunch
14:30 – 16:30
EU funding opportunities – “Horizon 2020” National Contact Points
This session involved four NCP’s from H2020, who participated to different working groups, guiding stakeholders on other funding sources for their project ideas.
• An introduction to H2020 and a specific look into Agro-food - Dr Apostolos Dimitriadis, PRAXI Network – HELP FORWARD
• H2020: SME instrument and Spreading Excellence – Dr Vassiliki Kalodimou, PRAXI Network – HELP FORWARD
• H2020: ICT and Tourism - Dr Iraklis Agiovlasitis, National Documentation Centre (NHRF/EKT)
Following the presentations the audience will split in parallel sessions to explore the links between EDP ideas and H2020.
Key stakeholders: Entrepreneurs, SME’s Business Associations, Chambers, SMEs and Big Enterprises with research activity, HEIs/PROs, Consultants.
16:30 – 17:00 Summary - Conclusions and Next Steps