"Aligning implementation of RIS3 and H2020 Funding across research priorities"
The aim of the workshop is to create a forum for exchange of best practices and enhancing collaboration between NCPs as well as regional/ national authorities managing European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) on the issue of synergies between H2020 and European Structural and Investment Funds in regard to the specialized thematic areas.
The workshop is targeted towards H2020 NCPs, ESIF managing authorities and key stakeholders in the covered themes interested in improving their knowledge in the field of synergies between ESIF and Horizon 2020.
Agenda and Presentations
09-30 - 10:00 Registration/ Welcome coffee
10:00 – 11:30 Supporting Innovation via a more coordinated approach between ESIF and other EU/national programmes - Moderator: Katarzyna Walczyk-Matuszyk, NCP Academy, Fernando Hervas, DG JRC
- Stairway to Excellence project: lessons learnt and future activities – Andrea Conte, DG JRC
- Smart Specialisation & synergies between H2020 and ESIF - Katja Reppel, DG REGIO
- Seal of Excellence and Widening as a strategic funding policy aspect – Magda de Carli, DG RTD
- Experiences from the implementation of S3 – Opinion from Committee of the Regions on "Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3)" – Mikel Irujo Amezaga, Head of Navarra Delegation in Brussels
11:30 - 11:45 Coffee break
11:45 - 13:00 Mapping Horizon 2020 and ESIF priorities across Europe (I) - Moderator: Eskarne Arregui, JRC
- Lessons learnt on promoting synergies. Richard Tuffs, ERRIN Network
- Health – H2020 NCP Frederic Suche and Hicham Abghay,ScanBalt BioRegion
- Industrial modernisation - Apostolos Dimitriadis H2020 NCP and Aitor Mintegui, Vanguard Initiative
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 Mapping Horizon 2020 and ESIF priorities across Europe (II) - Moderator: Matthias Woiwode von Gilardi, DLR, Germany
- Energy - Maria Śmietanka H2020 NCP and Cristian Matti, Climate KIC (TBC)
- Bioeconomy/ Agrofood - Magdalena Borzęcka, Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation and Andrzej Siemaszko, Bioregions Forum
- Space - H2020 NCP Kaspar Kalnins and Roya Ayazi, Nereus
15:30 - 16:00 Conclusions